Save and display dynamic data as text (bubble expression)

I don’t think this is possible, but on the off chance that it is.

Is there a way to save a bubble expression in the database and have it
displayed in a text field? I think text fields can only display text, not interpret text as bubble expressions and turn it into something useful, right? I was hoping for a field type “dynamic text” or something.

E.g. Save the expression “Bla bla Things’s value” where thing’s value is dynamic data,
and then display that as a text.

Not possible as far as I know.

What is the real use case? Maybe there is a way to achieve your ultimate goal.

I was toying with optimizing a notification system. and instead of writing the notification texts in the editor I wanted to pull them from a central place, to make it much easier to update. Some of the notifications needs to be “personalized” so they include dynamic data in the middle of static text.

what I did in the end was a hybrid for a couple of cases and re-wrote the notification text for the rest to either not use dynamic data or only use it at the beginning/end of the text. That way I can pull it from the database without any static text.

but sure would be nice to have the ability for text fields to be able to read expressions like that.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.