Save JSON to database

I have an API call that returns multiple objects with matching variables but different values for those variables.
E.g.
name = John
id = 1
name = Kate
id =2

Now the API call recognises Name, ID etc as the variables but when I try to make a workflow to get name = John into my database it actually returns John, Kate under the name field.

What I want to do is have a workflow that, for each of the objects returned from the API call, create a new entry and assign the name to the name field and the id to the id field…

You need to use Backend WF on a list and set the list type of the JSON Payload type

Sorry what is Backend WF and JSON Payload type?

Backend WF are wf that are processed server side. You need to activate this in Settings tabs API.
By JSON Payload I mean that if your API Call is set to “DATA” not action, you will have the type created by Bubble automatically like if this was a Bubble DB. You can use this in your setting for Backend WF. Bubble will create a list type from the JSON.

2 Likes

Are the any examples as I can’t find anything really? I’m new to bubble and don’t really understand what you’re getting at. I have enabled the setting and the API call is set to DATA and not action but I don’t know what the next step would be?

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

You can search for “API Workflow” that was the previous name of “Backend WF”. You might find some information here on forum or some good tutorials. I don’t know one that I can recommend but maybe @cmarchan have some links

Sure @Jici @fplassistant

These two should provide a good amount of material on API calls and Endpoints

1 Like

Hey @Jici

Do you mind taking a look at this post so you can tell us your thoughts about it?

http://forum.bubble.io/t/xano-database-bubble-demo/196758/59?u=ryanck