Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Search addresses = empty results

Hi. I’m trying to do something suuuper simple, and can’t for the life of me figure out what I’m doing wrong. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

User Goals:

1. Start typing a home/residential address
  2. See a list of matching addresses while typing (and in English only)
  3. Click one of the results and save it to a state

I was able to do this successfully in the forum app here: Forum_app | Bubble Editor (with the exception that the cities and states appear in Russian for some reason). But when I try to do the exact same thing in my own app, (Search Box with choices style = “Geographic places,” it just acts like a regular input… no results, nothing.

What I’ve tried:

• Updating my API keys in settings according to the documentation at Working with Location Data - Bubble Docs, which seems like a really weird setup… It says to create two api keys, (“server” and “client”); on server you restrict the application to your app’s url with a wildcard (*) and presumably don’t restrict the key, then on client you restrict the key to the 5 api’s but presumably don’t restrict the app/http referrals. (It begs the question… why bother creating two keys? Why not just put both restrictions in one key and use it for both?

Anyway, the only thing I can think of is that maybe the forum app’s api has a paid subscription attached to it?

Did you ever solve this? I’m trying to do the same thing!

Thanks

I did! I ended up having to sign up for a paid plan, but it was free for the first 30 days or so.