Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Search & Autocorrect reusable element

Been using the old Search and Autocorrect plug in for a very long time, but this is the first time I’ve put it in a reusable element. And to my surprise, It can’t be called by another element when placed inside a reusable element.

I tried the same thing with @ZeroqodeSupport @ZeroqodeTeam 's updated version of the same plug in, with the same result.

I did a quick search on the forum, and from what I can tell, this should not be an issue. Not sure what I’m missing, or if there’s been a change on Bubble’s end where it no longer allows it to be called by another element?

Both work as expected if placed directly on a page, but as soon as I place them inside a reusable, regular group, it can’t be called as a data source for a repeating group, printing the results in a text field etc. :confused:

Edit: Unable to replicate the issue in two other apps, v.15 and v.8 respectively. So I guess it should still work. How strange.

Edit 2: Interesting bug. If I clone the reusable element and place it in the clone, it works.

Edit 3: Looks like it’s bubble-bug-time-o’clock again, cloning the reusable element doesn’t clone it in it’s latest state, but an older version of it. Time to leave it for the day and see if it magically starts working again.

Hello, @casheets123
Thanks for reaching out and using our plugin.

First of all, please allow us to mention that our ZQ Fuzzy Search & Autocomplete Plugin works into the reusable elements properly.
However, there are some points, which should be talked into consideration:

  • the ID Attribute value in the Input field for the reusable element and the plugin must be unique and match the Input Box ID value in the settings;
  • you should use a simple input, but not a Search box.

In case you will have the mentioned issue repeatedly, please provide us the screenshots of the current settings of all plugin elements: reusable element, plugin element, input, and repeating group.
It will help us to replicate your settings on our side and to identify the reason :pray:

Looking to hear you soon.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Clearly a bubble bug. It is now working as expected without anything changing on my side. Thank you for chiming in @ZeroqodeSupport

I’ve had an increased amount of these random bugs popping up and going away lately. Often the bug tracker will show parameters missing in api workflows on starting the editor, and a parameter will indeed be missing, again without me doing anything. Restart the browser, and the parameter has willed itself into existence again and there are no issues.

Perhaps there’s been an increased amount of fiddling with the editor by the Bubble devs lately?

Anyway… everything is working again.

Edit: Btw, great improvements to the plug in @ZeroqodeSupport thanks!

1 Like

Hello, @casheets123
We are happy to hear that all is working now.

Unfortunately, we can’t provide you an exact answer on this matter, but the most probable reason is the improvements being made on the Bubble side :pray:
However, it can reproduce some temporary bugs.

If you like our plugin, we will be very grateful to receive your feedback and review about it :slightly_smiling_face:

The more feedback we get, the more motivated to build great plugins :smiley:
Thanks! :pray:
Zeroqode Support Team

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.