Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Search Fields - Dropdown Set Up

How do I get my ‘Product Contains’ dropdown to return search results?

Bubble Staff: Please add the answer to a formal lesson, video, Bubble page, or user manual entry within an Advanced Search topic.

Public Bubble: https://bubble.io/page?type=page&name=search_page&id=jesstest2&tab=tabs-1

Problem: This set up is not returning any search results:

I added a page in your project called “Demo_Search.” See if that works as you intended. If so, I’ll explain how I did it. If not, if you could give some more info I can try again.

Thanks I’ve finally had a chance to look at this and yes it will do the drop pretty well.

If you have time, can you tell me what Default vaue: click actually does:

as well as why I would need to set this conditional value? What is it actually doing?

Thank you!

Oh I get the ‘click’. It’s just empty, you haven’t entered anything there.

How do I get Manufacturers to show as the default though instead of the placeholder?

Never mind, I found it, I change Default Value: Click (nothing) to Search for Groups: First Item.

Bubble Staff: When are we getting help set up via support tickets?

Glad you found your solution! I’m on the East Coast of the United States, so I’m generally inactive during the night time periods.

Regarding support system, Bubble currently has a process for filing bugs that’s pretty simple. Send an email to [email protected] and they’ll get back to you pretty quickly. They’re really good about it. Generally, post on the forums first in case someone who is online at the moment can help. FWIW, your initial post was one of the best “HALP ME PLZ” posts I’ve seen. Most people will just write something like, “i can’t do this can someone do it for me” without telling us any details, sharing a screen, or giving us the link. Thank you for helping us help you!