Search not updating in real time

On a page I am using a Do a Search for a thing and displaying the count using the :count operator.

While testing and demonstrating functionality, I have another page open to perform actions that would add entries to the database. I can then check the database and see the value added properly, however, on the page with the Do a Search for a thing and displaying the count, I do not see the count value increase, but after refreshing the page, the count increases as it should.

I thought the default behavior for using the Do a Search for a thing is to have real time updates and we needed to declare to keep it static if we do not want it to be updated in real time.

I’ve observed real-time data updates in Bubble getting progressively worse and more unreliable starting around January this year. Sometimes it’s just very slow (it might take 30 seconds to a minute to update on another page). Sometimes it just doesn’t work at all. And sometimes it does.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.