Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Searching multiple Option Sets

Hi everybody, I am at my wits end, please help.
I am working on an app where users can create their profile by choosing from lists of options (e.g. countries lived in, languages spoken).
Based on the bootcamp I took I defined the options as option sets. BUT now I find out option sets are not searchable?!? Yes/No? That search is at the heart of my app! What might be a good solution? Please any help would be very much appreciated. Just another newbie :frowning:

Do you mean searchable by the Users using the application?

You can have them select it by dropdown, where it pulls the list of available options. I believe your thinking is correct with optionsets from what you described. Where in the process are you running into trouble?

Thanks for your answer. Yes, indeed searchable by the user. Example: if typing “Germa” the ideal search function would find Germany (country lived in) and German speaker (language spoken). One general search field would allow the user to search in several options sets at the same time. But indeed your idea of dropdown does solve the problem even if it forces the user to make a decision about which option set to search. Definitively better then having a non-working search function :slight_smile: Thanks

You don’t ‘search’ for options, as they aren’t in the database - that’s one of the advantages of using them.

But you can match a text input to an option’s attribute in the same way you can with a database entry - use the ‘get all options’ expression and apply a filter to match the specific attribute with the text input.

I would agree that in many cases it’s better and easier to use some type of pre-defined selection (i.e. dropdown, selectable icons etc.) to make sure there is a match - but in your case, as you want to match multiple option sets, you can use a text input so you users can find various options that contain the input’s value (the same as you would with database entries).

thanks my issue has been fixed.

thanks