Send email action: To-field doesn't work with dynamic data

Hey,

I have this super weird case. I did many tests and now I am sure the issue is with this thing.

When I use the action “send email”, it just will not work when I input a certain dynamic data. Here is the screenshot:

• I checked that the actual data field it is referring to is not empty and I confirmed in my database and some manual Log creation that at the time of that the action should run the field is not empty (it is in a backend workflow and I don’t know any tool to debug backend workflows better than this).
  • I checked that the email didn’t get caught in a firewall or spam of the email provider (Tutanota) I use to send the test email to, by testing with an email adres from a different provider (Gmail)
  • I checked that the issue isn’t somewhere else by changing the dynamic data to something static, like this:
    image in this case everything works fine.

I really have no clue of what I am doing wrong. However, if you look closely it seems like the dynamic data is indented with a space, but I cleared the field many times and put the dynamic data back in but it still keeps being like this. I don’t know if it actually takes a space before that I just cannot remove.

Do you have any idea what could be the problem? Or do you have any idea where I could look further?

Hello @yannickdoteu

Try :trimmed

Hey thank you for your answer! I tried your suggestion but it doesn’t change anything unfortunately :frowning_face:

Try putting a static email ID in CC just to see what happens? And vice versa too. Static id in to and dynamic one in cc.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.