Separate repeating groups move together?

Hey Forum,

I am trying to get two repeating groups to move at the same time.

Here is my hope:

1. I have one repeating group scrolling horizontally across the page displaying dates.
  2. I have another repeating group scrolling horizontally across the page. Both always have the same number of records.

The first repeating group shows dates of attendance, and the second one shows the actual attendance.

Because I have this displayed on a mobile, the group scrolls, which is fine, but they don’t scroll together. That makes it so you can’t see what date the attendance is for. Right now, the date RG isn’t showing, but it definitely needs to.

Does anyone know how I might be able to tie them together? They are two separate data tables, so they must remain separate, I guess.

See this loom for a visual: https://www.loom.com/share/2db934d369264c2e9abd37b41efb40e5

I have seen the Dragtable plugin: [New Plugin] Dragtable & Dragtable Plus, and although it looks like it might work, I don’t want the width of the columns to change, so I have been waiting to get it.

Does anyone know of a way to get them to tie together, maybe through some code? (I am pretty bad at coding stuff) It would be so amazing if someone saw a way to accomplish this. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

All the best,
Benjamin

Can’t you just put the content of the second RG into the same group as the top one? I.e. one RG?

They read from two different tables. How would it show anything different?

I ended up creating a connection and making it work. I dont know why I didn’t think of this before. Thank you for the push to consider something that was actually very simple. aha.

1 Like

I do that constantly. Essentially overthinking a problem where the simplest path is usually available.

Glad it worked out.

1 Like

Hey Ben,

How did you accomplish this in the end? I might also be overthinking this issue :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: