Set image as link instead of uploading image from the app data editor

Hi there,

I would like to know if there is a way to set image in the database from “Bubble editor > Data > App data” different to uploading a new image. I would like to set a link instead, or to choose one image from the File manager (Bubble editor > Data > File manager).

bubble_data_img

If there isn’t a way to achieve that, it would be nice to have it in the future. It can help reduce the number of repeated images in the File manager.

Best regards,

Miguel

1 Like

Hey there @miguel3,

I don’t believe there is a way to use the file URL.

Thank you @johnny. I hope it could be implemented in a future version.

Hey there @miguel3,

I’d recommend adding it to the ideaboard for the PMs at Bubble to be aware of it.

Hello, a little bit late,

I’m doing it via tha app, I just upload the url to the image value and it makes the conversion.

Unfortunately though the system takes the url you give it, and uploads the image to the storage, so it will still use some db space

This is just an idea. Create an image datatype for upload and create a image url field as a text field in the other datatypes that need the url. The image datatype can even have a list of identifiers to track when you add a url to another datatype. This will help to clean up the images.