Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Setting up privacy so users can see and edit other users' data

I’ve created an app which has lots of forms which users complete about a project. I’m looking to find a way that other users, when they’re added to the system, and be set up as collaborators - either with read or write access.

I know privacy needs to be set up to achieve this, but by looking at the way this is configured, I suspect all of this work will be done within the privacy tab and not for example as conditions (there are over 100 fields across 10 databases - so setting conditions for each one would be a nightmare!)

Hi @JS7319 ! :slightly_smiling_face:

One approach might be to create a ‘collaborators’ variable in your user data and allow each user to have a list of collaborators that is populated when they submit a collaborators email or a ‘magic link’ is sent for their collaborator to click and sign up. You can then use privacy settings to give each user’s collaborators access to their form.

Let me know if you need a helping hand with this.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply!

I suspect you’re not referring to the Bubble’s developer collaboration tool - Collaboration - Bubble Docs

I’ve been trying to search for more information on this variable but seem to be coming up with the above link (I didn’t realise there is a dedicated collaboration tool for app’s users too). Do you mind linking me to the support doc on this so I can read up on its description?

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.