Show data order database?

Hello,

Is there a way to display for example “Email” first, then “Name”, etc etc on the database overview shown below and set that view as default? Right now it’s alphabetic order if I’m not mistaking? starting with About.

Yep, click the ‘New view’ button on the left and you can say which fields are shown and even add search constraints to the view (although I don’t think you can change the order of the fields)

hmm okey thank you!

FYI… you can hover over the column separators and drag the columns around, but those changes don’t persist across sessions.

1 Like

Saw you typing and was like… hang on, what did I miss :rofl:

1 Like

Ha! Views are the way to go for sure, but you can’t configure the column order as part of a view. So, you might still be dragging columns around from session to session or maybe just configure a bunch of views that each have fewer columns.

1 Like

Thank you! bit of a odd question but as you can see i have around 70 fields for that specific data type, is that a lot/bad structure? it’s for a lot of settings/preferences etc

It depends, there’s pros and cons.

The User type is loaded each page so it’s best to keep it as light as possible.

For example, in one of my apps I have a ‘Permissions’ type and the User has a Permissions field which contains the User’s Permissions. The Permissions contains a lot of yes/no fields (e.g canCreateX, canViewY, canManageZ). Probably much like your settings/preferences.

Obviously if you’re using those Permissions data on the page at least once, then Bubble will return the Permission object (so it’s returning the Current user AND the Permissions from the DB = more WUs), so I think what I do is more WU intensive, but it makes it easier for me to see what’s going on and manage in future (like, if my app grows so that it needs 150 permissions, I don’t really want those all being stored on the user…).

Pros and cons to both, different people will have different ideas :slight_smile:

Edit: Curious now what structures other Bubblers use…

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback! Those 70 are not directly on the user, they are on a data type called X that is linked to the user!

Seems like a good approach :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.