Show Edit and Delete Button to Creator ONLY

Hi Bubbies!

I’m building an app where registered users can create posts. I’d like to give registered users access to edit and delete their own posts, by showing edit and delete icons on repeating post items only for those posts the current user is also the creator.

How would I go about doing that either through WF or other means?

Hi there, @hamel… one way you can do what you described is to not make the edit and delete icons visible on page load (uncheck the This element is visible on page load checkbox on each element’s Layout tab). Then, add a condition to each icon that says when the current cell’s post’s creator is the current user, make the element visible (select the This element is visible option and check the box). Make sense?

Hope this helps.

Best…
Mike

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response @mikeloc! Makes perfect sense, but I cannot find either under Workflow or Conditions a way to build the condition When Current User is Creator.

Here is an example of the condition on an icon in a repeating group.

icon

1 Like

Ahh! Getting closer…however, the closest thing I have to Current Cell’s Post is Current Cell’s Index (see attached image) , and the index option doesn’t allow for the logic you created.

If you put the icon in a repeating group of posts, I don’t know how you couldn’t have the option I showed. Oh, wait… do you have a group in the repeating group? Maybe look for Parent group's Post.

1 Like

You, my friend, are a genius!

That worked like a charm. Thank you!

1 Like