Slack API - Create a slack bot

Hi :blush: !
I need to be able to post on my users’ slack chancels. As the zero code plugin is apparently not working anymore, I’m trying to figure out a way to do it.

I was thinking abut Zapier but this solution means that I would need to create a different zap for each of my users in zapier, witch is obviously not the best…

I understand that it can be possible to create an API call/post from bubble settings… But it’s not clear for me.

If you have an idea, I would love to hear it !

(I’m not new to Bubble, but I don’t have any technical background)

1 Like

You can ask users to connect their Slack account to your app using OAUTH.

From there you can use the access token to post to their channels.

It is a bit tricky, but plenty of people have done similar things, so ask :slight_smile:

Thank you very much Nigel :blush: !

So… Where do I start :sweat_smile: ? I have no clue how to use it…

1 Like

Will have a look this weekend and post some steps.

I just had to do this for my app and it took me a while to figure out out so hopefully these screenshots help!

3 Likes

Thank you all for these awesome tips :blush: !

Actually @Taiheta just created an amazing plugin to do what I needed to do :muscle:

3 Likes

@alice how can I find the plugin that @Taiheta has built? Thanks JG

@alice Is there any guide to using the @Taiheta app? I’d like to notify users through slack and I’m not sure where to start.

1 Like

Hi @matt14, were you able to figure this out?

I am trying to notify my team in a Slack channel when an action happens in my Bubble app. Some of those actions are done by customers that are not logged in, (i.e new quotations, etc…)

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks,
Joel

Hi @joelgarciagalan - unfortunately not. This was put on the backburner while I work on other things.

Hi @michaelchang5161,

I notice from your screenshots that there is a Header with an Authorization key value pair. From my readings, I understand this is done to fulfill the HTTP Basic Authentication scheme (RFC 6749) that Slack recommends.

Can I just ask how did you do this within Bubble? Or am I just missing a value that can be copied and pasted from somewhere?

Thanks a bunch! Your screenshots helped me start on building my own Slack Bot within Bubble :slight_smile:

hey @joelgarciagalan or @matt14

did you make any progress on this? I am trying to do something very similar where i send a slack update to a team slack channel once a customer review is submitted. These customers obviously don’t have access to our slack workspace.

Is there a hacky way to do this where you create a fake user in slack and save the oauth access token. then sign the fake user in when the customer lands on the page? That way the customer doesn’t even know what’s happening on the backend…

Any help would be appreciated!!

Jack

Hi @jack4,

Where do the user would post his review ? (Slack or Bubble)

hey @Neo,

User would post a review through bubble. I ended up just hooking up the Zapier plugin and created a Zap to Slack. Works well.

Jack