Slow search using "display data:random item"

Hi,

I’ve created this web app : https://bio-suggest.com/

It’s a simple Tinder bio generator with BIOs I’ve written in my database.

I’ve been struggling with the loading time Bubble takes to “Display data” in the “BIO cell” when we click on the button “Next suggestion”.

Here’s the design:

And here’s the workflow when the button “Next suggestion” is clicked:

I’ve duplicated this workflow (and design) so while the 1st “BIO + Profile” is displayed, the 2nd “BIO + profile” is being fetched.

PS : when the page is loaded, the first fetch (from the element itself aka in the design tab) is fast. It’s only the first “workflow fetches” that are slow. I’ve tried different workflows and designs, but maybe someone will know the best design/workflow for this.

Thanks!

I had the same issue. Random item is just always really slow, so I had to ditch it. However, I need to use it again tomorrow for my app’s April Fool’s joke, however the joke is slightly lots when it takes 2.5s for the joke to appear!

It would be ok if I could show a spinner while the random item is loading, but since the random item in my app is called after the Repeating Group is loaded, it is not possible.

It would be nice if there was some way to make a workflow to pre-load the next Random item before it is called. That would pretty much solve the issue for me, and you I think (assuming your users will wait for the first screen to be loaded).

Thanks for your feedback!

I just changed my design and workflow using this solution [SOLVED] Can I search for 1 random item? - #9 by petter (the Regex solution).

I still have a small loading time for the first fetches but it’s much much faster than before! It really solves my problem! Super fast now. Worth the try.

1 Like

ah good stuff! Given my feature is only for an April Fool’s joke, I will just leave it as it is, but good to know there is a solution out there!

1 Like