Someone has cloned Bubble, in Webflow

Hi all,

Just wanted to share this as it made me laugh and impressed at the same time. Someone has done a fantastic job of cloning the bubble site in Webflow and it’s pretty awesome: https://bubbleio.webflow.io/

Check it out

Reece

3 Likes

Clicked and was immediately creeped out. Good on 'em!

1 Like

Interesting. I wonder what the motivation was. Hopefully, they got permission, as I would imagine that’s a violation of Bubble terms and trademark use if not. :neutral_face:

1 Like

Well, possibly but they aren’t monetising it and it’s more of a showcase of the power of nocode I’d say

haha it’s uncanny. This is even scarier how accurate it is: https://playstation.webflow.io/

It’s a full clone of the playstation 4 interface

3 Likes

It’s just the home page yeah?

1 Like

now someone need to clone Webflow on Bubble to make it even :slight_smile:

13 Likes

This is all out war :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah ahha I think so - the editor would be impossible to clone in Webflow. For now…

You can’t build products on Webflow.

Yet… There are services that are building plugins/frameworks for Webflow that are providing database driven features and more so it’s only a matter of time

1 Like

I had to go check the URL because it was so close to the real thing!

1 Like

Cough cough…nudge…@Levon giving secrets into his next project.

2 Likes

How exactly does it showcase the “power” of Webflow? I just don’t get it.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m not saying Webflow isn’t powerful. I’m saying that simply creating a “copy cat” web page (and swiping a bunch of the original site’s assets in the process) conveys nothing whatsoever to me about the power of the Webflow platform.

The same thing could have been done without code using WordPress and any of a number of “theme builder” plug-ins.

Now, if that look-alike page stated that the creator produced it in 10 minutes or something, that might be noteworthy. But even then, it’s still unauthorized use of copyrighted material.

Again, I just don’t see how it says anything about the power or ease-of-use of the Webflow platform. Color me unimpressed. :neutral_face:

5 Likes

you can’t please everyone.

If/when Webflow rolls out workflow/database driven-features, would you start doing more dev on Webflow or even move to Webflow? IMO Webflow makes it SO much easier to make beautiful applications, and that is really appealing

Okay, Wow…

:slight_smile:

I doubt it - i’m a huge advocate for Bubble and prefer to use Webflow for websites then Bubble for the actual app. It would be interesting to see how they interpret no-code app building though if they do go down that route, but I doubt it will be anytime soon.

1 Like

webflow was not hard to learn, but to test even the simple stuff requires payment, platform pretty much lockdown when come to stuff you need to test, does not even have login system, if you only need a website/landing page go for it