Storing rich text data - is it impossible?

I run a job board site built on bubble. Users input details on the jobs which then get displayed to job-seekers.

However, it is a bit plain looking and I was hoping there was someway to allow users to style the text they upload.

The Markdown Text Editor by @yla is the best attempt I’ve seen, but it’s still not quite what I’m looking for. I need:

• Users to be able to style text as they input it (bold, underline, bullets etc.)
  • The text to appear in this format as they input it (i.e. no ** or any of that on their screens as they’re typically not overly tech savvy). They need to be able to click a bold button and see the text turn bold in front of them
  • To be able to store this rich text and display it to other users

Is this at all possible with bubble? Even some hacky work-around?

There are several rich-text plugins that do all the things you’ve mentioned, including Bubble’s own free rich-text plugin.

There are some more expensive ones too depending on what your requirements are, but check out the Bubble plugin page to see all your options.

1 Like

Hi @alexcooney5,

Just to reiterate and expand a bit on what @adamhholmes said, you can find Bubble’s own Rich Text Editor (RTE) by going to the Plugins tab and clicking the Add plugins button in the upper right. The RTE is an example of purpose-built functionality that was implemented as an external plugin instead of being included in the editor’s built-in elements.

1 Like

Thanks @adamhholmes, bit embarrassed I didn’t know about this already!

Thanks @sudsy :slight_smile: