Stripe Express accepted method of connecting?

Hello all,

Just a quick one regarding Stripe Express, is there an accepted best method of connecing to stripe express. I understand some have used plugins to connect to stripe others have used custom API calls , from what I understand to connect to Stripe Standard the plugins are great however for Express connection an API must be built out.

Is this correct and if so can anyone show me, sell me or direct me in the direction of something that is already set up?

2 Likes

Hi @chad - did you get any update on this?

Iā€™m also interested in this functionality. I have a hiring platform and would like to sign up all users (persons paying plus person being paid) without a redirect or hitting the Stripe website at all.

1 Like

Crickets so far

Stripe Express still redirects to the Stripe site for onboarding, you need the custom version I think.

Not that I know of, last time I integrated Stripe connect I used standard, just made my own API calls and such. You can integrate Express or custom yourself or pay someone to do it. Itā€™s not a walk in the park but certainly possible, they have very good documentation.

1 Like

Thanks Stone

Yes, itā€™s the custom version I need. I was hoping that the stripe.js plugin might help with this, but the lack of available documenation has really set it back.

Yeah, thereā€™s very little documentation at the moment for Stripe.js, that is said to change in stripe.js 2.0. Building out stripe.js 2.0 is taking forever, maybe it will never be released. Even if itā€™s finished it might not have connect capabilities either and other features you might need. I just ended up setting up my own API connections to Stripe.

I guess Iā€™ll give the API route a try. Regarding your Connect Standard installation, whatā€™s a rough overview of your workflow, and does it serve your needs well?

Ideally I would like everything ā€œon platformā€ and not have the additional onboarding with Stripe Connect for sellers. My initial thoughts are that if I do have to go the standard (or express) route with Stripe onboarding, it might be worth getting that out the way early in the process at user sign up.

1 Like

It depends, I made it so users can optionally be sellers when they choose. Given they have also fulfilled certain criteria.

I did this about a year ago and Iā€™m no longer working on the app, sorry I donā€™t remember much. I think you have a more legal responsibilities when you go custom. I encourage you to learn as much as you can from the Stripe documentation and the Stripe API documentation.

Thanks for the feedback. The webapp is a employer/employee website, so I do need to sign up certain users at some stage. Iā€™ll work on this and report back at some point.

It is my understanding as well that the only way to use Stripe Express is for you to build the API connector for it. Once you register the seller using this API connecter, you can use the Bubble Stripe plugin to charge a user, transfer to seller, etc. Iā€™m in the process of trying to implement this but I get stuck on Step 4 of Using Connect with Express accounts | Stripe Documentation.

I was able to get the API properly set up as an OAuth provider using the following API connector. The seller registration works and re-directs back to my website. However I realized that I was going to need an extra step because transferring a payment to this seller did not work (error: payee was not found). I believe this missing step is Step 4 of the Stripe docs referenced above.

I added the API call so that I can complete the setup and retrieve the seller account id.

However when I initialize the call, it prompts me with an error message that the API key does not exist. The API key listed does not match any of my Stripe API keys so Iā€™m not sure where itā€™s pulling this from.

Hope this helps you get started at least, and Iā€™d greatly appreciate it if anybody is able to help me finish my setup.

Did you put Bearer in there, might help. Hereā€™s how I set up my Stripe API calls.

Thanks for the response.

Iā€™ve updated my API to use the same authentication method you used. I also created an API call to GET the authorization code as shown below.

But when I initialize call, Iā€™m not seeing the authorization code in the response.

And when I run my app with this action in the workflow, I get the following error message.

Error Message

How do I obtain the authorization code so that I can use it in my POST API Call and complete the express account connection?

Is that user profile endpoint correct? Iā€™m trying to set this up myself and the custom account curl is curl https://api.stripe.com/v1/accounts (not account)

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply. I think youā€™re right based on the docs here: Retrieve account | Stripe API Reference

Just having ā€œaccountā€ retrieves my account info.

However, when I changed the endpoint to https://api.stripe.com/v1/accounts, I get the following error after attempting to register a new seller.

Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 2.22.18 PM

Have you reached this error?

Hey there. Sorry for the late reply. I havenā€™t done much with stripe integration since that last message because of the festive season. Hopefully Iā€™ll get.chance to give this a go now that stripe have allowed me connect access.

Iā€™ll send an update of I manage to get anything working, hopefully youā€™ll do the same.

+1 for those interested in Stripe Express Connect.

I hope bubble provides this integration in the future with their current plugin.

4 Likes

@marktuff

This post may help. At least for the connection method.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.