Stripe plugin - can't subscribe a user to a metered plan with a quantity of 1

I have created metered usage products in Stripe and can successfully create a workflow to create a new subscription when a user selects the applicable plan. The problem I am having is that when I define the “quantity” of the metered plan as “1” I get the following error message when I run the workflow.

If I set the quantity to zero then everything works perfectly, but the customer will not be billed anything as the usage quantity is zero. I have tried to then create an action to update the quantity of the existing subscription, but can’t seem to get it to work.

Has anyone been able to successfully set up and use Stripe’s metered plan products with Bubble? If so how did you overcome this issue?

I am currently using the native bubble Stripe plugin and not the Stripe.js plugin.

Thanks

Having the same problem. Does anyone have a solution?

Hey @mazorshimon

I didn’t manage to get it resolved unfortunately but did work out a “work-around”. I will try post what I did within the next couple of days if that helps.

Could you please share the workaround?

I am also stuck in same issue. If possible please share the workaround.

Continuing the discussion from Stripe plugin - can't subscribe a user to a metered plan with a quantity of 1:

Hello all. I figured out a work around for metered payments.

I initiated a custom workflow (every 5 seconds). I changed it to every 2628002 seconds (the amount of seconds in a month) and added the “adjust user balance” action to the workflow. I did some computations and it will now add that balance to the user every month.

A little hackey… but it gets the job done.

@mohandeblaze @mente12

1 Like

Did anyone find a solution to this? There is no option to not provide quantity when you ‘subscribe user to a plan’ and the plan is metered…
Capture

How do I initialise a metred subscription?
@copilot Do we have to use stripe.js instead of bubble’s stripe plugin to achieve this?

Hey @Tristan7577,

Stripe.js does offer more granular support for subscription setups if you need it. Feel free to reach out to us directly in case you’re looking for more features! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey…I just wanted to be sure before I shift over to stripe.js, great courses btw

I realised I can save the CC information with the official plugin, then make use of stripe.js to get that exact functionality I’m still looking for without having to create a whole new payment screen. Still think its wierd that the official plugin can’t handle metred subscriptions, would be great to know if theres something I’m just missing there with my above error

1 Like

Hey @Tristan7577 I am having the same issue, did you get any solution?

@akhilgkumar02 @Tristan7577 did you figure this out?

@Tristan7577 if you could share how do you did this “make use of stripe.js to get that exact functionality I’m still looking for without having to create a whole new payment screen” would be absolutely huge!