Stuck with POST command in API Connector

Hi, everybody.I get a “500 error” when using the POST command in this API with content type:application/x-www-form-urlencoded in the header. I think I defined the variables correctly and placed the header correctly as well because I didn’t have any problems with the other GET calls I made. I’m having a problem with POST and DELETE calls that I don’t understand.

Also this is API’s related documentation page .

I would be grateful for your help. Thanks in advance.

You have a different content-type in your API call vs the header in the API - is this correct for this API?

Simon

1 Like

Hello, Simon. In this API, our response headers are common, but on the POST command, the request header is defined as content type application/x-www-form-urlencoded. It’s a little confusing, and frankly, I couldn’t think of anything different. Do you have any suggestions on this?
Thank you for being interested.

You should use only the “Content-Type” “application/json” don’t mix the two. Also if you have it under the shared headers then you don’t need to have it again in the api call.

When you send a POST call then right above the body you will see a drop down which says “json” you can change that to “form”

1 Like

Hey @shawnmi6 I’ve tried your advice with parameters and also without parameters, and I keep getting the same error of both way.

Although I remove the Shared header and use the application/x-www-form-urlencoded header, still the problem continues. @Jici and @NigelG , if you’re available, can you look at this problem please?, I can’t think of another method.

Change form data to JSON. I believe that Form-Data will overwrite your header with a form data type.

Also,
instead of using parameters, try to put in json body field this:
ingredientList=&title=

Don’t forget to delete parameters

2 Likes

This works !

(dunno why, but it is the same with some Stripe form encoded stuff)

5 Likes

Thanks @NigelG and @Jici i for your interest. I’ve tried both solutions you suggested. Both solutions are working! Thank you very much for your helps.

2 Likes

I love you!!!

Thank you :slight_smile: