The text cut off is not visible in responsive beta

Is this a bug?

I think the text should be end with dots but in preview they are hidden.

Hi! Looks like your font size is more, than height of your text element. Check it please;)

hi. I set the height to be 44 px now but still existing issue.
If I set 45 px that’s good but there will be two lines , not whatI want.

Issues did not happen in old bubble version.
Just happen in beta reponsive.
This is my test on old version. It is fine.

Actually I was able to reach your target by placing text element inside group (not fixed alignment) , make this group fixed sizes and allow text element to fill it horizontally and vertically.

Take a look on settings in editor

Try it in preview

It was done for training

Thanks for your advice.
If I want padding I can easily do it with the new responsive engine, just adapt the height to the content, but that’s not the design I want, I have to limit it to one line and cut out too long text and ends with the dots.

That is not about paddings - it’s about long text constrained by parent element :wink: First one is for u

If you set a maximum height on your text element then the text will be cut off, and you will have the 3 dots…

The only reason you haven’t in your first screenshot is because the text is continuous (with no spaces), so it doesn’t show it at all (this has always been the case, even in the old responsive engine).

In your ‘old version’ screenshot the text is an actual sentence (with spaces) so it cuts off correctly.

1 Like

Thanks. Your way is working, but seems it require a normal sencente(with space).
I’m still confused because I’m also using this method in another place, and that place is showing the names of people in a row without spaces, not sentences with spaces…

Thanks so much.
I’m still upset because I’m also using this method in another place, and that place is showing the names of people in a long row without spaces, not sentences with spaces… :sob:

If I sneak a space before the name, it will look like this…just the dot…

:joy:

You are able to go through other way as well not depending on the length of your text in between spaces. Anyway looks like it’s for the mobile view only - so check one more time;) Special for you

I got it!Sound like a good idea!!
Thanks so much for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.