Ticker Text (a plug-in for scrolling text)

**EDIT I UPLOADED TWO… ONE DOESN’T WORK… USE THE ONE TITLED “TICKER TEXT (MARQUEE)”, NOT THE ONE CALLED SIMPLY “TICKER TEST”

Hey guys, I just published a little plug-in called “TICKER TEXT
You throw it on your page, type your message, pick a color, speed, and watch it go.

I use it for alerts but you can use it for scores, stock quotes, or whatever.

Shout out to my good friend @jarrad for helping with the plugin-builder. I have a ton of custom script I use via-html elements but it’s difficult to cultivate them into something the plug-in builder will dig. He was a huge help. While we’re on the topic of him, I don’t think a lot of you guys realize how much his css tools has changed the game. Man, if you have a single page app you can assign the page itself to an ID and as you click from tab to tab adjust the height which kills all that annoying open space at the bottom of pages with less content. Dude is a forward thinker and that example is mice nuts compared to what this guy has done (move-it) and what he has in store. (also special shout out to @mishav, he’s another ace of mine that has birthed a lot of my direction towards daunting tasks)

Anywho… if you need to have some text to scroll grab the plug.
I got more cool widgets on the way… just want to give back to this incredible community.

ticker-text
Thhe .gif above makes it look like crap but it’s super clean… also pick a speed of 25 or greater or it’s gonna scroll crazy quick.

D

4 Likes

Woohoo he’s in the big time! :slight_smile: well done mate! how about I login to the broken one and make something out of it?

My brother!! What’s up my man. Feel free to get in there and get your hands dirty!

Hey thanks for this. I was looking for a solution like this. Is there a way to make it loop? Its only showing one time for me.

2 Likes

Have the same problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

End of Story - Plugin has been deleted from the plugin marketplace.

I found a solution.

First, create an html element.

Then, add in code found here:
Link

@brandon6 Which code did you add? The CSS? Could you describe your solution please? Would be a big help. Thanks!