Triggering an approval workflow

I have an app where a user can submit an application for approval.
Depending on the company setup, it may have to go through multiple approvals.

I’m stuck on the workflow to trigger actions such as sending an email / notification, and then changing a thing in the DB.

What’s the best way to trigger Approval 1 when a user submits their application, and then triggering Approval 2 when Approval 1 = Yes.

This would have to repeat for as many approvals as setup by the company.

Thanks

I just thought I’d bump this post.

Below is an example of an approval list with 3 approvers/sequences.
It can be more approvers or less.

Once the form is submitted, it goes to the first approver, who can leave comments, and approve or reject the application. If approved, it goes to the following sequence and so on.

I just don’t know how to loop the workflow to approver 2, 3 and so on.

If anyone could advise on the best approach to this, I’d greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Rory

I guess you could use database triggers to do this…

But surely a simpler way is just to trigger second approval workflow directly if/when the 1st Approver approves the application (in the same way the first approval step was triggered)…

1 Like

Backend workflows=> Database trigger works best in this scenario…

Setup 3 database triggers based on the data changed in the database.

When the user (or admin ) updates the status of the task, save the response into the database. Once the database changes, DB triggered will automatically call.

Ankur@ Nocodetalks
Helping Bubble Devs to build No-Code Products. Follow me on Twitter

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. I wasn’t aware of Database triggers. I guess you don’t know what you don’t know and there’s a lot about Bubble that I don’t know.

So, when a user hits submit on their form, the workflow will create X no. of Approvers. After that workflow, the database triggers a notification to Approver 1, when Approver 1 selects Approval = Yes, the backend database triggers again.

I assume this will be the condition.
Only when: Approver’s Approval before is Yes.

How do I sort or increment through the Approvers to trigger the next Approver?
Or how do I prevent Approver 3 from receiving a notification before Approvers 1 or 2?

Sorry, if these are dumb questions but I need all the help I can get.

Cheers.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.