Tutorial: Stripe 3D secure using the Zeroqode plugin

Hi,

I had a little bit of difficulty getting started using stripe 3D secure since I could not find an example online. I thought I would describe how I implemented for others to quickly integrate it with their system. Also, feel free to suggest modifications and improvements to my implementation.

First, my initial setup consists of 2 buttons: connect credit card and pay 100$, and a repeating group with data type Retrieve payment methods data to display the credit card linked to a user.

The workflow of the connect credit card button goes like this:

1. I initially create a customer ID if the current user has none.

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 3.35.24 PM

1. Assign the customer ID to the user if need be

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 3.36.33 PM 1

1. I then create a session and give the success URL a parameter setup being true that I will use later. I’m not sure the payment intent data is necessary.

1. I then assign the session and setup id to the customer:

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 3.38.40 PM

1. I then go to checkout to create a credit card:

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 3.39.14 PM

1. When the page is loaded, I check if the setup parameter is true.

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 3.40.26 PM

1. If it is, I attach the payment method to the customer

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 3.41.19 PM

1. Finally, I attached the payment method to the current user. (I might be able to directly take it from the previous step)

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 3.44.11 PM

Now, the repeating group to see what payment method is linked to the customer:

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 3.45.28 PM

Finally, the pay 100$ button:

1. I create a payment intent:

1. I confirm the payment intent:

Screen Shot 2020-07-26 at 3.46.54 PM

I have processed a few payments over the last few days and it looks like it is working well, but as I said earlier let me know if you have comments. I would like to thank Alexandru Rusnac from Zeroqode for answering my numerous emails. Hopefully, it can help other beginners getting started with their plugin!

Best,

Alex

2 Likes

Thanks for tutorial, I am struggling with this plugin right now. I just wonder why you make so many steps and you avoid many fields in Create a Session action. Also according to Zeroqode’s manual Create a pay action can be used without creating session.

Do you know how to make it work if we change mode in step 3 from setup to payment?

Hi guys,

@alexandrelpiche , @sebastianymail

Thanks a lot for your feedback. We can see there is an open request in this thread here. We’ll monitor it for further updates in case you have some more questions with SCA component.

Best regards,
Zeroqode Team

Hi Sebastian,

I think it would work. I am assuming you would have to fill the name, price and quantity of the product.