Twitter OAuth Connector without API keys - New plugin from Pathfix

New Twitter plugin from Pathfix - Twitter Connector Pro!

The plugin offers the easiest way for you to add Twitter OAuth integration to your Bubble.io app. Pathfix will handle the entire oauth process, token management and the pass-through connectivity to Twitter’s endpoint.

Functionality:
The plugin will handle the following:

• UI/Visual element that renders the connect button
  • Entire OAuth process (user authorization, token management and user connection)
  • API calls to the relevant endpoints

UI/Visual Element
Rendered automatically via Pathfix Connector Design Element plugin

Actions Available

Let us know if you have any questions or feedback.

Ron
Pathfix Team

No-code Plugins | Documentation

1 Like

A few years ago this took me:

• 2 hours of Javascript tutoring
  • 3 bespoke Webtask APIs
  • Customised Auth0 and multiple posts on their support forum
  • About a month overall

And now it is available in a Plugin.

5 Likes

You’re still part of the kids Nigel :wink:

Well done @Pathfix, great plugin!

1 Like

Thanks so much @NigelG @Christophe_HK!

1 Like

Thank you @Pathfix team! You guys have been helpful and patiently helped me get this going! I’d definitely can’t recommend any other solution than Pathfix for oAuth.

1 Like

Thanks so much for the kind words @sharma.himanshu0608 :heart:

Any chance you can post an image tweet with the plugin. I don’t see an option for it.

Hey @bobl, media upload is not currently supported by the plugin yet. We are looking into adding support and will keep you updated on the progress we make here.

Can you tell me how I would use this plugin to tweet from the app’s Twitter account, rather than an individual user’s Twitter account?

i.e.when someone posts content to my app, I want my app Twitter account to tweet about it. So the app needs to be authenticated to one Twitter account (the app one) no matter who is using my app.

/edit - I have tried to do this by authenticating just one Admin user and then using that user’s unique id, instead of the current user’s id. That works for the authentication, but I have not got the tweeting to work yet. I again use the admin user’s unique id for the tweet action, but no joy yet.

Hey @major_groove yes, you would need to use the authenticated user_id instead of Current User’s Unique ID.

However, you will need to use the user id of the user (not the login credentials of the Twitter account). i.e. go into your Pathfix account - click on Test Connection - auth your account - use the email you used to log in to your Pathfix account as the User_id

Give it a go and let us know :slight_smile:

Hey @Pathfix, is the new Twitter V2 plugin going to phase out the old one and require us to redo our workflows? Any plans to add things like thread creation and auto DMs?

Hey @sydney22 unless Twitter depreciates the V1 APIs completely, the plugin will remain active. Twitter has not mentioned anything to indicate this, so we believe this may not happen anytime soon. We will continue to monitor this and keep you updated for any changes.

We could certainly look into adding support for thread creation and auto DMs if Twitter APIs support these.

1 Like

@Pathfix When I authorize my Twitter account use bubble, after the redirect the pathfix connector does not toggle to “connected”. Does this have to do with my configuration or redirect?

Hey @jakecohen212 yes, its most likely an error in your Twitter dev configuration and the authentication hasnt completed.

Could you log in to your Pathfix account and click on Test Connection under your Twitter configuration? Ping us on our live chat or email our support team with the error you see and we’d be happy to assist

Anyone else experiencing problems with Twitter today? I’m getting the following errors:

"error": “Segments do not add up to provided total file size.” and

"message": "Your media IDs are invalid."

Same setup was working great until today. It appears to be a problem with Step 3 (Finalize) on V1. Weird because when I run the debugger, the file size number is consistent throughout all steps.

Do the plugins need to be updated/reinitialized, @Pathfix?

EDIT: Could it be a Node 18 compatibility issue?