Using the Chart Element

I need some help displaying data in a chart. Specifically, how can I build a chart that displays all my app’s transactions in a bar chart so that each bar represents one day, with the bar height representing the sum of the day’s transactions?

When I attempt this with the transaction total as the value, and the current date as the label, of course I get a new bar for each transaction. How can I sum up the day’s transactions into one bar?

Or do I need to schedule a workflow API that runs every day at midnight to create a new data point with the value being the sum of the day’s transactions?

Thanks in advance.

You need to create a thing that represents what you want to show (right now), our chart element doesn’t offer grouping or summing features yet (it is a bit tricky as it require db changes).

1 Like

Is there any way to accomplish this, if I try to schedule it as an API workflow in the future? Can I have my app create a new data point for each user at midnight? It appears that I can only schedule the API workflow to run on a single date.

Has there been any movement on this @emmanuel - I am getting on quite well with building a CRM app with Bubble - to the point where I am now looking at forecasting ‘reports’, charts etc. Having to create a whole load of ‘things’ for each analysis (by month, week, salesperson, etc) would be very time consuming and prone to bugs.

Not yet sorry.

Thanks for replying so quickly @emmanuel - glad I’m not the only one who responds to customers on a Sunday!

This is quite a big deal for me (along with listing / grouped reports) - I may have to put the project on hold if I can’t work a way around this unfortunately.

There is a less-than-ideal workaround which we’ve used, which is creating a a whole bunch of “Chart” objects that will temporarily store both the label and the value that you want charted and then updating them every time you want to chart something different. The tricky thing is that you have to have different objects for different users in order for them to be able to use the system simultaneously. So you may want to create like 20 of them for every user who signs up and have a list of them on the User object.

Interesting. Can you post a link?