Wasabi S3 stopped triggering successful upload overnight

I’ve been using the great Wasabi S3 plug in our file and record keeping app and it works well.

With that said, it stopped working overnight (in both Live and Development) versions without having made any changes at all, or deployed any new versions. Basically it went from working fine before bed, woke up to resume the exact same actions and workflows that run based on a successful upload message no longer run. I’ve literally changed nothing.

I have my S3 configured to upload automatically (only one file) and it no longer fires or something. As a test, if I create a separate button to specifically trigger the upload, it does work, whereas before I just had the plugin element set to automatically upload after a file is selected.

I then create a new S3 element in the same app so see if it was corrupted or something, same result. I use this plugin in about a dozen places throughout my app and they all universally stopped working in this way.

I tested this on my regular development computer and in Live mode on that computer. Then tested Live on a few other office computers. Then at my other office network, I logged into Live and tested again, a successful file upload doesn’t trigger and therefore the subsequent workflows don’t run.

So it’s happening on the Live version everywhere, yet I’ve made no changes or new deployments.

The only thing I can think of that maybe Bubble made some sort of change overnight that is now interfering with this? Any ideas?

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @underhill.dan, thanks for reaching out, and apologies for the late reply.

Allow us to analyze the reported problem and check on our side for any possible solution. We will come back in due course.

Regards,

Zeroqode Support Team

Dear @underhill.dan, thanks for your patience.

We’ve checked the plugin functionality on our end, and it works well.
I’m afraid, we can not reproduce or investigate this issue without more info.

Can you please describe this case in more detail?
Please attach all the necessary info like:

• error screenshots from the debugger and opened browser console;
  • the preconditions (related element settings and workflow), for reproducing this issue;
  • Loom video record of reproducing your issue + how and when you receive an error, etc.

This information will help us to investigate and resolve your case.

Thank you for understanding and looking forward to your reply.

Regards,

Zeroqode Support Team.

Dear @underhill.dan, hello!
We have pushed a plugin update, that has fixed some issues (presence of preview&name of the file, delete button).
To check changes, please upgrade your plugin to the latest version (Minor changes) and give it a try.

Regards,

Zeroqode Support Team

1 Like

Good afternoon, I’m having trouble downloading a file from Wasabi( Please help me!
I enter the necessary data, in the input field “File Location”(pic1), but part of the file path shows an error “empty” (pic2) and an empty file is downloaded, although I write the same path to the file with the command “Delete Files/Folders” and everything works (pic3). How can I solve this problem?

Hi @volkova_n2, thanks for your message.

Within the “Download file” action, please refer to the “retrieved files”

This should file the issue.

Please let us know if it worked in your case or any other support is required.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Thank you very much for response, but unfortunately this did not solve my problem( The path to the file is still empty, but the file is definitely there

Hi @volkova_n2, thanks for your reply.
Allow us to check this moment internally, and come back with a reply asap :pray:

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @volkova_n2, thank you for your patience.

Please be sure that you also use the “Retrieve files” action, so the “Download file” action has files to work with.

In case if the issue will persist, for its better understanding, please share (here or in DM) a screencast or some screenshots with each step of the desired workflow.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Good afternoon, I still can’t get the desired result of downloading the file from Wasabi :frowning:

I follow the following steps to download the file:

1. I press the “Download” button (Pic1)
  2. I perform the step “Download File WasabiS3” and specify the path for the file that is relevant for other actions (Delete Files/Folders WasabiS3 and Wasabi - Generate Presigned URL) (Pic2)
  3. I get an empty file instead of the one in the Wasabi folder (Pic3)

Hi @volkova_n2, thank you for your message.

We’ve prepared a small example of the download file workflow, that might be useful for your case: Appkit | Bubble Editor

It works for files that have been recently uploaded.

In the case of your setup, you indicate each item, which is not correct, because it transmits a list, and the requirement is for 1 value only. Hope it will helps.

Have a nice weekend ahead!

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Thanks for your reply, I forgot to specify that I need to download the video file. I tried to download the video, but I got this error (Pic1) However, the video is downloading and I can watch it.
Also I need to download a file which was uploaded to Wasabi database earlier (e.g. one day ago) on another user’s page (who didn’t do the video download) (Pic2)

Hi @volkova_n2, thanks for your message.

For your case, to retrieve an earlier uploaded file, you can use one of the options below:

1. You can save the URLs or data about files (bucket and nave of the folder for example) for all uploaded files in the Bubble database and use them for later download.

2. Before downloading the file, at first - you can use the action “Retrieve files” and then use the state " Last retrieved files" in order to get the list of files in a RG or text element, that can be managed and used to filter the name of retrieved files as it is required by the project (uploaded a certain period of time ago)

Thank you for the provided image, we’ve passed it to the developer team for investigation. Once any news will appear in this regard, we will let you know.

Hi @volkova_n2, thanks for your patience :pray:

Please check if you have indicated information in the following field (full path to the file and it’s name)

If the issue will persist, please share screenshots with the plugin element setup and related workflows.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

The app which you’ve shared doesn’t work anymore. Could you sent me new one please? Just want to check few moments in workflows.

Thanks

Hi @volkova_n2,
Sorry to tell, but unfortunately, the additional pages with particular use cases are changed/deleted from time to time. Sorry about that :pray:
For guidance, please use indications and screenshots provided in the messages above.

If there will be any issues with the plugin setup, please let us know.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

I tried all the options you told me about and I still can’t download the file :frowning: I saved the URL to the bubble database with two options:

1. I used “Retrieve Files WasabiS3” and wrote the URL (the file won’t download)
  2. I used “Wasabi - Generate Presigned URL” (file won’t download).
    I was able to download the file only one way using “Last uploaded files” but this option is not suitable for my application

Hi @volkova_n2, thanks for your reply.
To have a complete picture of the encountered issue, would it be convenient to share (here or in DM) a screencast of all related elements setup and a use case flow until you get the above-mentioned error?
It will allow us to analyze the whole flow and provide a more precise answer.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Zeroqode Support Team