Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Weird focus of input elements (tab)

Hi, I’m Robin and new to bubble. Yesterday and today also, a weird error occurred and I really dont know, how to fix it.

I have a (reusable) header, which contains a button for login. When clicked, a popup is toggled (see screenshot attached). Within the workflow, I set the focus to the email input field, but when I tab, the focus goes to the browsers url input field.

Currently, the focus order is password field to email input field and I don’t get why.
I read, the standard behaviour is from top to bottom, then from left to right, so organising with groups is important, but I think, in my simple case, there should be no error.

I already deleted the inputs, tried some grouping and ungrouping within the popup - nothing worked out.

Thanks a lot!

Screenshot 2022-01-06 at 11.16.04

Tab order is problematic with the new responsive engine, but it’s something that will be addressed before it’s out of beta. At least, that’s what I was told when I submitted a bug report about it.

If you’re using the legacy layout engine, then I don’t know, as there isn’t much in the way of development resources being devoted to it at this point.

-Steve

OK, so no fault from my side there, I can live with that.

Just funny, because I somehow got this working including going from left to right if inputs are in the same line.

Another quick question:

I have a repeating group with a group in each cell. This group contains three text fields (row).
ATM while resizing, the text gets broken in the next line. I don’t want that. In a tutorial there was the option “Cut off content if the element is not tall enough”. Is this option gone?

And whats with long words, like emails, they are probably hidden completely?
Thx