What do you miss in map plugins?

Hello Bubble community,

We are trying to think of ways we can update our Advanced MapBox plugin.
Do you have any ideas about what features are missing from this or other map plugins?

1 Like

@idealink correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think there is a complete GPS navigation system available in the plugin marketplace for now. Maybe there is. Either way I would love to see Mapbox’s Navigation SDK available

1 Like

Good point, as far as I am aware, there are only ones that use deep links. However, functional plugins like Mapbox lack navigation capabilities. I will explore if we can implement something like this too.

1 Like

Hi @idealink -

I am looking for a way to create trail maps for pages in Bubble that look like this:

Is this something that can be done in your plugin and saved to the Bubble database?

Thanks!
Kay

Hello, currently our plugin does not have the feature to do that automatically for selected points, but you can draw these trail map lines manually and save it to the database. However, it seems like something that would be useful. I will keep it in mind when we are updating the plugin.

Itinerary planning would be great…mapping a series of stops…I guess kind of like the previous post suggesting trails

2 Likes

Yes, I agree that this is something we can do. Once I know for sure if/when we’ll be implementing the feature, I will let you all know. Thank you for the suggestions!

1 Like

@idealink No one else does this currently (I’ve been doing extensive research) so thanks for building something that allows drawn lines/shape files for maps. I’d love to see GPX file upload integration in the next update (and am willing to pay for this customization if that’s an option…)

To add to Kay’s comment. Uploading of files (geojson / shapefiles) to display them.

1 Like

Glad to hear I’m not alone here!

@kay have you checked out the what 3 words map plugin? You have loads of drawing tools with that.