Workflow is faster than Debugger

Hello,
New to Bubble.
Today I bring a bug that I have been trying to figure out for a couple of days.

I am testing my App, and it seems like the workflow I am testing is faster than the debugger running it step by step.

A simple resume of the workflow:
(Default: new_user=false)

1. API Calls using the Bubble API Connector Plugin (OAuth stuff)
  2. Set State new_user = true, if a user’s email does not exist in the database
  3. Sign the user Up, Only When new_user=true
  4. Go to Page bio, Only When new_user=true
  5. Log in the user
  6. Go to page feed

I am cleaning my database before running the workflow above.
As I debug it, when it reaches the action (2), it tells me I already have a user in my DB. I go check the DB, and, in fact, there’s a new user, with the email and id specified in the test I am running.

And I am not creating it in another place, I am certain of that.
I even change some of my user’s fields to something weird (like: name=blablabla123) in the action (3), and the value in my user’s DB checks out.

The worst part is that action (4) never runs. I would expect it to run, given that (somehow) my app manages to Sign the user Up, and they both have the same “Only when” condition. Unfortunately, I never get redirected to Page bio.
This happens without using the debugger too.

PS:
I have to use the workflow above, because my app doesn’t use a password to LogIn/SignUp

Thank you in advance!

Umm… well… umm… yeah. Do I misunderstand you? How would running it step-by-step ever be faster than running it in realtime?

1 Like

Are you, perhaps discovering asynchronicity? Is that what you mean?

1 Like

How can the workflow above be asynchronous?

https://manual.bubble.io/help-guides/building-workflows/the-basics#execution-rules

1 Like

Also, if you want to run actions when the user is logged in you may want to use the workflow trigger when user is logged in

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.