I’m trying to let my users upload a link to their youtube video and display it on their profiles. But I have to use the video-ID, which they often get that wrong.
I suppose I could extract the ID with RegEx, but it seems there must be an easier way?
The optimal solution would be if they could just input a full link.
the Video.js plugin accepts youtube links if that suits your projects needs.
Regex is the way example
I limit the number of characters on the input to 11, people usually figure it out since they can’t paste the full url
to play your video on a web page, do the following:
- Upload the video to YouTube
- Take a note of the video id
- Define an
- Let the src attribute point to the video URL
- Use the width and height attributes to specify the dimension of the player
- Add any other parameters to the URL (see below)