SEO settings that bubble has available for you

Hey all! I have been browsing through the forum a lot past few weeks. I have to admit am only a month old over here. My interest in bubble bloomed when I took up a project recently which involved #SEO for a bubble website.

There are a few things that I would like to address in terms of the reported issues and what SEO settings that bubble has available for you if you are building a website that needs to be exposed to search engines you definitely want to look at these configurations and make sure that these are set up the proper way for your app to be found Lets Go:

:red_circle: Issue: No H1 tags found
:large_blue_circle: Solution: So most of the settings are going to be found under the settings tab and then the SEO / meta tags sub-tab
the first thing 1. exposed type of tags for text elements so when you have that checked your text element here will have GO TO Design a new drop-down available to you of course if you’re adding a text like this bubbles going to apply this preset style so remove the body style and then you’ll see this show up HTML tag for this element if you’re familiar with SEO and tagging elements there are different ways to categorize text so that Google knows what’s is the heading, the top-level heading of the page then the subheading and then under that or if it’s just normal body text for your page so this is where you would set those things.

:red_circle: Issue: No Alt tags for Images
:large_blue_circle: Solution: 2. the image element will also have this new alt tag field become available so you can enter in an alternative text for the image this is good if you know the user’s browser can’t render the image for whatever reason you’ll have that text to stand in for it but in general, this is also something important for SEO to mark your images a very literal description of the image is usually what goes there in a few words.

:red_circle: Issue: robot.txt file
:large_blue_circle: Solution: Customize robot.txt file on bubble. Go To Settings this will allow you to modify your applications but this is a more advanced thing if you don’t really know what this is just leave it alone. Something that you want to do with your robots.txt file is to add in Nofollow links so that you can make sure that links don’t get recognized or picked up by the search engines they basically get ignored GO TO Design and then Link bubble has a feature you can leave that unchecked for the link element where you can mark it as a nofollow link right in the editor and then that will make sure that the search engines ignore it and it doesn’t affect your SEO rankings.

:red_circle: Issue: Custom domain not found in SERP
:large_blue_circle: Solution: Domain and email section so when you’ve set up a custom domain for your website you definitely want to have this checked here redirect all requests to the domain so that your bubble hosted website with the internal app name is no longer being recognized and all requests to it are forwarded to your custom domain this is definitely something you want to check

:red_circle: Issue: Exposing a sitemap file
:large_blue_circle: Solution: Go To Settings sitemap file this will let you pick and choose what pages in your website you want your search engines to be able to pick up and crawl. Also, note that you can upload your own sitemap file at the very bottom of this section here where you can host files in the root directory so you can upload just a plain text file with your sitemap give a name and save it. If you’re familiar with the Google webmasters settings you’re gonna want to go there anyway to make sure that your website is being properly crawled there aren’t any errors or anything. This is definitely something you want to look at the outside of bubble as well to make sure that Google is picking you up properly it’s not running into any errors or finding weird links or anything like that so if you for example upload your own sitemap file you would want to submit that to your app that you’ve added to Google webmasters and make sure that it’s finding it properly.

Those are just the primary settings that you should be aware of, if you want to get more detailed in advance with your SEO configuration you definitely want to have your site set up with Google webmasters. I am also taking in queries so if you detect additional issues for which you may need help, just let me know and I’ll add it to the description (with the solution)

Hope this can be helpful for some of you and, eventually, we can have a guide of best SEO practices for Bubble apps. Thanks for your feedback beforehand!

14 Likes

I appreciate the post about SEO!

1 Like

Thanks! @tyler7

@veydeepk Thanks for the Bubble SEO overview.
I have a sight that needs to perform well from a SEO perspective. I have followed a number of the ‘best practice’ steps and have been using the Chrome extension by Woorank to help give me pointers.

The site is 2 months old now so some of it may be just an age thing but I’m not convinced there’s something else it’s missing.

My website - WishedBy.me has a number of blog posts which are the key pages to rank but there’s a few aspects I’m struggling with:

1. Sitemap
    The Woorank SEO tool is seeing a sitemap however Google Console isn’t.

I have the Bubble settings setup to expose a sitemap:

But in Google Console it doesn’t ‘see it’:

*Is there something else I should be doing to get Google to ‘see’ the sitemap? or is it all ok?

1. Crawled not indexed
    A large number of my blog post pages are showing as crawled not indexed within Google Console:

From the dates you can see that these were crawled only a week ago or so, even though the blog posts were written 1-2 months ago.

Example Google Console status for one of these blog pages:

Is this just a time thing where I just need to give Google more time? I haven’t requested indexing of these pages. Should I?

1. Alt text on images
    I am using the Bubble rich text editor to create the main body text of the blog posts and I am inserting images into the rich text.
    The Woorank extension is highlighting that these images don’t have any alt text.

Is there a way of adding alt text to images embedded within rich text or do I need to separate these out from the rich text to enable me to add the alt text within an image element?

1. DMARC record
    Not directly Bubble however the Woorank SEO tool is saying my website doesn’t have a DMARC record. I have gone into my hosting provider and added a TXT DNS record as below

Is the syntax of the TXT DMARC record incorrect?

I appreciate there’s a few questions here so any help on any of them is appreciated and also hope others cam learn more about Bubble and SEO.

Thanks

Hi @myholidayguide,

Sorry for the late reply. I was off from the forum and had couple of projects of my own.

Just saw your query, I have framed some points for you with respect to your queries. Listed down below, have a look!

In terms of apps and go to available software’s, I’d recommend Moz, Ahrefs and Semrush for any SEO related pointer that you might wanna apply for your website. As well as Google Webmaster and Search Console for any future queries. That’s the standard.

Well SEO and ranking of any website cannot be time framed. It is an ongoing process and time might vary on various factors. Important is to notice the increase in growth of your target audience and reach of the website over a period of time. I just did a quick SEO audit of your website, SEO health of the page is good. I can attach the report if you provide me your email.

You have to set it up here https://search.google.com/search-console/welcome?utm_source=about-page for google bots. On the Google Search Console.

Yes you can do that after uploading the sitemap to Google Search Console. Sometimes it takes time depends on the google algorithm and google bots to index your website. The links are crawlable. However, in most cases, your site will benefit from having a sitemap, and you’ll never be penalized for having one.

I would suggest the latter which is much more feasible.

Again, I would suggest the above stated apps for better clarified pointers.

If there’s any additional help is required, feel free to ping me through direct message.

Take Care. Regards.