Access Inputs in the workflow from a repeating group

I have a repeating group where each cell has two dropdown selection boxes. I am trying to see if there is any way to access the input value for each cell in the workflow without using a plugin or having to create something new in the database. I have a button at the end of the page that will trigger the workflow to create something new as there are different pieces of information on the page and the RG is just one part of it.

To save everything to the database at one time, I was doing a scheduled API workflow on a list but then I realized that I couldnā€™t access those individual inputs.
Iā€™ve tried custom states in a few different ways but the inputs arenā€™t accessible or Iā€™m not really able to match fields given that custom states donā€™t allow for multiple fields.

Iā€™ve seen a few iterations of this question but the answered ones apply to a different issue or have been around plugins.

Is this something thatā€™s possible without a plugin or saving to the database separately?

Hi!

Sounds like smth difficultā€¦ Can u share some screens of your present stage?
As I can suppose u are able to use feature named ā€œAuto-bindingā€, but for that reason it will be better to create your final data base item in the very beginning (on page load) fill it in with basic data (start one) and then use this from inside rg. (but for that reason items in RG have to be THIS final item items)

From other side states should be good enough, from workflows u are always able to call it. For that reason u can make CS list type (OUTSIDE of RG), set up workflow to add items there when VALUE is changed

Ones u are using scheduled API workflow with list from RG u are able to make CS inside RG and call it in scheduled manner

Hi!

Best free plugin IMO is this New free plugin (9 march/20) - Orchestra! Refer to inside repeating groups cell(s) from outside

The next best way to do it is with another awesome sauce free plugin List Shifter: Reverse, Rotate, Swap and ITERATE (Loop) Over Bubble Lists | Now at v1.4: Adds Numeric Option, GET INDEX Action

Both can do what u want but i find Orchestra to be easier to work with when building workflows. @keith Love your plugin too man!

1 Like

@malikinoleg2008 Iā€™m trying to avoid creating something in the database first and autobinding would require that.

@ihsanzainal84 Iā€™m specifically NOT trying to use plugins.

Is there anyone whoā€™s aware of how to do this without creating a separate database item and without plugins?

Iā€™m not really sure how your setup is like, especially the part about taking inputs from multiple different types of inputs.

If you do not wish to use plugins the only way I can think of is this:

1. Create a state for a list of text

2. Find a point in the UX to trigger a workflow that will add a new text to that state; that text will represent a piece of new data that will be created later. The text will consist of something like this;
    input1_value|input2_value|input3_value etc etc

3. Then you can use that stateā€™s list to create new data. You indicate the value of each input by splitting with ā€˜:split byā€™ each text with ā€˜|ā€™ and ā€˜:item#ā€™

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.