Add "Select Parent" Keyboard Shortcut

Would be nice to have a “Select Parent” Shortcut.

Basically adding this function

to

and by default selecting the parent directly above the currently selected element.

Another implementation would consist of functionality like switching tabs in Chrome: Cmd/Ctrl+Page Up = go tab left, Cmd/Ctrl+Page Down = go tab right. In Bubble that could be Cmd/Ctrl+Page Up = [Select parent] and Cmd/Ctrl+Page Down = [Select the element under the current element] — as a result of these functional shortcuts you could very quickly navigate across multiple layers :sunny:

2 Likes

I’ll second this request. This would be incredibly helpful, especially when I have an element (ex. repeating group) nested inside of a group that has a snug fit.

2 Likes

This describes my main issue nicely. I can’t select tightly-knit outer layers without first clicking an inner nested layer, opening the option panel, scrolling down, clicking select a parent dropdown menu, figuring out which layer I need to select in order to get to the outer layer I am trying to get to in the first place, and clicking again.

I third this request. I have the same issue. After I work around use the edit dialog, I also find it hard to make slight adjustments because this path removes the ability to move the selected group around with the arrows. I often try to click and drag it with the mouse which just sets to focus back on the child object. The only way to move the parent group that I have found is to go through this and move the handles using the mouse or type new coordinates in. In addition to the OP’s hotkey, I would also suggest another hotkey or “shift” button modifier that allows us to drag a focused group without selecting any child object inside it.

1 Like

This is also one of my biggest requests - I fourth the request.

@paulwolf72

Apple command key + click

Idk about windows I think it would be Ctrl click

Each click takes you 1 parent level up

Sorry, Ctrl-Click on Windows definitely does not select first parent. Neither does Shift-Click, Alt-Click, Shift-Alt-Click, Ctrl-Alt-Click, nor Ctrl-Alt-Shift-Click.

Anybody know of such a magic command?

Help drop down in editor

Hi @chris.williamson1996 sorry, but there is no “CMD” command on a Windows PC. Just the keys I mentioned. And none of them perform the “select first parent”. The “Select the element under the current element.” sounds promising, but again, no CMD key.

Can you open the same hot key helper on windows and see what it says?

Yes. Here it is:

The key labelled as WINDOWS may do it.