Add user to a group

Hello guys :slight_smile:

I’m struggling to understand how I can add a user (with typing an email address) to an existing group.

On the below, I’ve been able to add new groups and display them in a Repeating Group. The Input field is used to add a new email’s address of member and then I should be able to add it with the User+ Icon with some workflow. But that’s were I am stuck :wink:

I guess I need to use the Make change to a Thing but then…

Thank you for your support, that will be super useful !

Armand

Capture d’écran 2024-01-31 à 19.30.02
Capture d’écran 2024-01-31 à 19.30.11
Capture d’écran 2024-01-31 à 19.30.40
Capture d’écran 2024-01-31 à 19.32.24

One more thing, the user I want to add is already in the database. But I don’t want to display a list of existing users and select it. I need to specify an email address which somehow will look into the User Database and the group will be added to it’s User’s Group List of Groups

Please help :pray:

Schedule a backend workflow that takes an email parameter and adds the user to the group if found.

If you don’t have privacy rules (you probably should though), you can Make changes to Do a search for User where email = Input’s email :first item and add the group to that user’s list of groups.

Thanks for you response.

Trying this as you said :

What is wrong with the group add statement ? :slight_smile:

Armand

The group to add to should be the group you want to add the user to (or more correctly the group you want to assign to the user). That’s not the email input. How do you know which group you’re assigning to the user?

Yes my bad I just realised…

So yes it needs to be the current group part of the cell so in theory : Current Cell’s Group’s Nom :

Capture d’écran 2024-02-01 à 08.44.55
Capture d’écran 2024-02-01 à 08.45.56

No, because nom sounds like a name which is probably a text… you want to add a Group, not a text…

Capture d’écran 2024-02-01 à 08.52.15

It works !! You rock !!