Problems to add a item in database

I created the Users table, and inside it I have the “User Groups (List of things)”, and the User Groups data type is another table called Group.

My problem is that I cannot create new data within User Groups.

My problem is that I cannot create new data within User Groups.

What do you mean?

Why can’t you create new data?

Hi @adamhholmes!
I don t know how to add a new list of things because the bubble always says there is something wrong with my expression.
I tried to make a change to current user > User Groups, but I can t find the option to create a new item with the Group Name and Group Description.
I also tried to make a change to a list of things, but that did not work.

If you’re trying to add a ‘Group’ to the current User’s ‘User Groups’ field you need to firstly either make sure that group already exists or, if it doesn’t, create it first.

So, assuming the group you’re trying to add doesn’t yet exist your workflow needs to run as follows.

1. Create a New Group (with whatever fields you need to set, such as name and description).

2. Make changes to current User - Add to the ‘User Groups’ field: The Result Of Step 1

If the Group you want to add already exists in your database, then the workflow needs to be:

Make changes to the Current User - Add to the ‘User Groups’ field: then select the specific group you want to add (either by doing a search, or by referencing a datasource from somewhere on your page).

Oh, thank you so much, that s working!

1 Like