Alignment of groups

Hey, guys.
I have the following problem. In the first picture I have four groups, each of which has a certain function.

The first group with the word “Kopieren” is only visible to certain people. In case you don’t belong to these persons you can’t see them. See picture two. Now I have the problem that there is a gap. Is there any way to move these three groups to the left?

Note: Simply moving the first group “Kopieren” to the last position is not an option in this example.
Thanks for the help:)

I think that this is a limitation of Bubble. You can collapse the height, but nothing is available to mess with the width of an element when it isn’t visible. There may be a workaround using several conditional statements, though.

I’d try giving each group different content based on whether or not the user is in the specified group. If a user isn’t, each group takes on the content of the group to its right.

For example: When a user is not in the specified group, “Kopieren” would become “Archivieren”, “Archivieren” would become “Prasentieren”, “Prasentieren” would become “PDF Export”, and “PDF Export” would be hidden. This way the groups appear to shift to the left, but in reality they’ve just been reassigned based on who the user is.

It’s a little hacky, but it’s the best I could come up with :slight_smile:

You can use a repeating group for this, but you have to create a new data type and all that. Can be more trouble than it’s worth, but it will work.

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.