Anyone else get this error message?

Unexpected error, please try again shortly. (Reason: bal)

Or is it a problem with my app?

2 Likes

Hello,

Is this an error upon loading your application? We’re experiencing a bit of downtime at the moment, which our team is currently investigating. You can also track the status here: https://status.bubble.io/

1 Like

It’s working now, just wanted to check. Thanks

1 Like

My app is down too. Cloudflare Error 524

Ray ID: 6154b8743c672f9d • 2021-01-21 23:14:11 UTC

A timeout occurred

Yup! Looks like degradation in performance. My site went black for 4 mins, but then came back online

Ref: Bubble Status - Brief outages and performance issues on main cluster

Mine keeps fluctuating - works 5 min, down 5 min, works 7 min, down 3, etc

1 Like

Yeah… email is blowing up with status notifications lol

1 Like

Same issue here

I understand that performance is one of Bubble’s top priorities, but how long will it take to actually get fixed…

2 Likes

Usually doesn’t take too long, I’m sure their engineering team are looking into it now. @jess, maybe you might be able to provide us with better info timeline wise?

That’s correct; our engineering team is looking into it now! We will update you all here as soon as possible.

2 Likes

Thank you, Jess :blush:

Hey all,

Good news! Update:

We’ve temporarily fixed the issues and are investigating the root cause
Bubble Status - Brief outages and performance issues on main cluster

1 Like

FWIW, I have noticed that Thursday afternoons have historically been a bit more predictably problematic than other times. It’s a bit disconcerting actually. :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

Yeah… I’ve noticed that too. It seems like Thursday afternoons might be the day they push major stuff out?

Thanks for your patience, everyone! Should be stable now; if you encounter anything else unexpected, do let us know.

1 Like

Hey @jess,

Do you mind sharing with us a postmodem of a brief understanding of what exactly happened on the Bubble end?

2 Likes

It is not possible to add new elements in the workflows and it is not possible to create new backend workflows.

@jess I have the same problem than yesterday.
I can not create backend workflows.

Anyone has the same problem? or knows how to solve it?

I just tested on mine - I can create however there is a noticeable delay.