APP DATA-how to remove edit button

Hello,
In development mode, I see in the tab: APP DATA, with all the fields and the associated Data… along with an EDIT button. I dont want the User to edit the data via this back-end as it will defeat the purpose of providing a front-end app.

Any change to APP Data should be possible only via the front-end UI.
Is there anyway for the APP DATA (created by each user) to be VIEW only and not with EDIT button.
OR… anyway to remove the APP Data visibility in Total and store it elsewhere…
Appreciate your response
Best Regards

Hey @infiblocks,

It depends how you want to build this in the front end. You’d use a repeating group in order to show the data just like the way APP DATA does this and add each field as a text or input element to see it per entry, you’d make the initial content “current cells FIELD” and it will show that.

Give that a go and let me know how it goes,

James :slight_smile:

Hi James,
Thanks for your response.
I am able to post data to Table and retrieve using RG.
My interest is:
You see the tab APP DATA, with all the fields and the associated Data… along with an EDIT button. I dont want the User to edit the data via this back-end as it will defeat the purpose of providing a front-end app.
Is there a way to remove the delete function?

You users shouldn’t be accessing this back end, only you should be able to access the back end, you add or don’t add the edit function on the front end, does that help?

APP DATA- will be visible to each user, right? (only to the users and not even to me)
so they have access!

No one else should have access to that panel you’re looking at there unless you give them backend bubble access, in which case you can’t remove that edit button as it’s hard coded in.

You mean, even the user will NOT be able to view that back-end,…by default?
its only visible to the developer?

Yes,

The backend is purely for the Developer only!

You need to build a frontend for your users to view data :slight_smile:

Great!
Thanks

1 Like

No worries,

Could you mark one of my answers as a Solution so people will see this has been successfully answered :slight_smile:

Done :+1: