Audio Recorder - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Thank you again for the quick reply.

Curious, if a user navigates to a different tab in their browser, will this affect recording in any way?

Great experience so far!

Hi @michhharmoney,
Thank you for your inquiry.

Unfortunately, while recording on mobile devices, the page needs to be kept open. If a user navigates to a different tab, the recording will stop. However, on desktop devices, users can navigate to different tabs without any issues.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to let us know. :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi @aj11. Iā€™m running into the same issue of distorted audio as well.

Are you calling OpenAIā€™s Whisper API?

Iā€™d be fine using .wav but it seems the file size is pretty large.

Hi! & @tursun.alkam,

Iā€™m calling the whisper API and MP3 file format does not work for me either.

@tursun.alkam, Did you ever figure out a work around?

This Audio Recorder Plugin | Bubble works on Mobile Phone browsers, but not within Mobile Apps. Mobile App wrappers most likely disabled otherā€™s audio recorder plugins to save room for their own. BDK has a beautiful audio recorder feature for iOS app but not for Android. Please contact @gaurav for Android phone audio recording plugin.

please refer to Audio Recorder - New Plugin from Zeroqode - #200 by tursun.alkam Thanks.

@tursun.alkam Downloaded it. Works great on mobile.

Still stuck on what to do with the ZQ Plugin and MP3. I didnā€™t have any other recorderā€™s installed when I received the MP3 errors.

Please let me know if you figure anything out. Thank you!

@ZeroqodeSupport I am running into the same issue. The audio playback on MP3 (Mono) is slowed down and distorted. Stereo sounds great, but I need to use Mono. I deleted every other plugin on my app and tested on a new page.

Hereā€™s my setup:

Also, The MP3 in Mono does not work with OpenAIā€™s whisper API. Iā€™m guessing this has something to do with mono distortion in the plugin but Iā€™m not an Audio person.

.Wav works great but I need users to be able to record more than a couple minutes of speech and with OpenAIā€™s limit of 25 MB .wav wonā€™t work.

Any suggestions on what I can do to fix this?

Hello @michhharmoney,

Thanks for the details. Let us please check it with our developer team and we will get back to you as soon as possible. :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hi again! @michhharmoney

We would be grateful if you could provide us with additional details to assist us in the investigation process.

Could you please let us know if you are experiencing this issue on both desktop and mobile devices, with or without OpenAIā€™s Whisper API? We ask because we are unable to reproduce the issue at the moment, and our testing has shown that the mp3 (mono) format is functioning correctly on our end.

Furthermore, if our plugin is functioning properly without Whisper, itā€™s important to note that we have limited influence over the functionality of third-party plugins.

Hope to hear from you soon. :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team

Hey everyone,
it might be a stupid question, but: so far everything works out fine with your plugin.

But I canā€™t manage to send the file against OpenAIs Whisperā€¦ how can I do that?

I have the files URL saved in a thing ā€œmusicā€ with a field ā€œfileā€ and type ā€œfileā€.

But when I send it against whipser, it doesnā€™t work :frowning:

Hi @troeger,
Thank you for your message, we kindly appreciate you using the Audio Recorder Plugin.

Before sending the URL to OneAIs Whisper, please ensure that the URL is generated and saved within your Bubble database.

Furthermore, we kindly request that you share screenshots of the following:

• Your workflow when the AudioRecorder recording upload is completed.
  • The configuration of the plugin element.
  • The audio format that is being used.

These details will greatly assist us in investigating the issue with our development team.

Thank you, and we eagerly await your response. :pray:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

Has this been resolved yet? @ZeroqodeSupport
Iā€™m running into the same issue, where if my user records more than once in a Safari PWA, the audio is an empty file with a size of 44 bytes.

@aj11 Does the 1.45 version still function properly?

Thank you both!

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport! Iā€™m trying to use the plugin, but it does not work in last Safari on iOS, I tried on iPhone 12.
It starts and stops recording, changes the loading state but does not save the audio to AWS or download it (if the AWS checkbox is false)

I solved the problem, my Safari was denied to use mic, but! event ā€œChecking microphone supportā€ always showed me that it was enanbled.

1 Like

Hi @grinazarko,
Thank you for your message and purchase.

Glad you solved it already, please let us know if you have other product-related questions. :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team.

Also, it would be good to be able to save audio files as private files to AWS, cause now they are accessible by anyone with the proper link. It is not secure.

Hello @grinazarko,

I will forward this suggestion to our development team for their consideration. They will investigate the feasibility of implementing this feature in the plugin, and I will keep you updated on their findings.

Thank you so much for your suggestion :blush:

Wishing you a great day :hugs:

1 Like

Hello @grinazarko,

We hope you had a pleasant New Yearā€™s celebration :pray:

We would like to inform you about the release of an update for the Audio Recorder plugin - version 1.68.0. This update includes a new feature that allows for more refined privacy settings by associating recordings with specific users. To implement this, you can select ā€œCurrent Userā€ in the new ā€œAttached this file toā€ field.

Could you please update the plugin to the latest version, test the new feature, and share any feedback you may have

Wishing you a productive 2024 :hugs:

1 Like

Thank you very much the feature is great!
I have one more nice-to-have idea, which can significantly improve the user experience.
So, you can stream the recorded audio alongside the recording process to aws, this way users wouldnā€™t need to wait with the open app until the file is upload to aws after the recording is done.

Because it can take time, like a 40 seconds for 10 minutes audio in wav format with quite fast internet connection, so users have to wait and cannot interact with apps (I mean navigating to the other pages), in case of streaming it will take like couple seconds of waiting.

1 Like