↔ Auto Adjust Width for RG cells - New Plugin from Zeroqode

Thanks for the reply!

1. I hope it will be feasible. :slight_smile:

2. I think it could be possible with the new responsive engine which hopefully will be released soon!

1 Like

Hello @levon ,

This plugin looks exactly what I wanted, just one question, can I add input or an html element in place of text and it will also be dynamically resized to fit the content ? or will it just work for the text ?
Thanks

Regards,
Shubham

Hello, @shubham!

Thanks for reaching out.

Yes, there is a possibility to use the HTML element instead of the text element.

Regarding the input field inserted instead of the text, the plugin won’t adjust the RG width, cause the content of the input responds to its settings and the auto-adjustment of this plugin won’t affect it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

If there are any other questions, let us know.

Best regards.

Hello everyone, it is possible to use this plugin with Drag and Drop group element ? to fit the drag/drop group width to the with from the text inside ?
I need that all the tag can be drag and drop to an area.

I try your plugin, an it work with a Drad&Drop elemen t inside the RG. But I have weird behavior when I add new data in my data base. The RG does not update every time. And when I refresh de page, I can see the new data.

Here a quick video for example. Do you have an idea what happen ? Thank a lot for your help.

Guillaume

Hey, @guillaume2!

Thanks for reaching out.

We have approximately recreated your use case and from our side there is no any delays with the data display.

Although your video gave an idea, what might be the issue here, it would be much better, if you could give us access to your application, so we can check out all the settings, workflows, etc.

In order to do so, please add our Support Team email to the list of collaborators to your application and provide me a link to your application.

To add our Support Team as a collaborator, you need to do the following steps in the Bubble Editor:

Settings > Collaboration > Add email support@zeroqode.com

Note: avoid the warning message regarding the plan, as we are an agency and you can easily add us to your collaborators.

Waiting for your reply.

Best regards.

Hi @ZeroqodeSupport , thank’s a lot for your answer, it’s really appreciate :slight_smile:

I add the team support to my app and here is the link to go to the editor : iCollective | Bubble Editor

I hope you can help me :wink: Have a good day.

Best regards.

Hi again, @guillaume2!

Thank you for a prompt action:)

We’ve looked into your application and there might be an issue with the filters, that you put for the content display in RG. But because you gave the access in read-only mode, we can’t check it properly to give you a straight answer.
So can you, please, give us the full access, so we can run a test?:slight_smile:

Best regards.

Sorry for that, I change to view and edit now, so you can check :wink:

Hi, @guillaume2 !

Thank you once again for the access and for your patience as well:)

We are going to run an investigation regarding your inquiry. As soon as the situation will be clear and there is any solution found, we will notify you straight away.

We apologize for the inconvenience :pray:

Best regards.

Good morning @ZeroqodeSupport team,

I was wondering if you could use this plugin so when hiding a value of an RG you can change the width of the values next to the hidden one.

For example: you have A | B | C, if you hide “B”, right now the RG shows a blank space instead of showing like “A | C”.

Will this be possible with your plugin?

Thanks a lot.

Good morning @ZeroqodeSupport

No problem, we help each other, we will do it :wink:

I use your plugin for another case this morning. Here a video : Screen Recording 2021 06 14 at 6 18 40 AM - YouTube

I don’t understand why I see first the classic RG, without your auto adjust, and 1 or 2 seconds later, the RG will update to auto adjust. Do you have a solution for that?

I check conditions and workflows by your demo, but I see nothing specific.

Note: I add this case is the page so you can see what’s happen :wink:

Thank’s again. Have a good day.

Hello, @ryanck !

Thank you for your query.

Yes, there is a such possibility. Let’s take your example as well for the explanation.
In order to hide B without having a blank space between A and C, you need to choose a different data source for the RG - it should be a state.

1. you create a new data type in the database (“testEG” in my example) with the new field “text”

1. populate this new data type

1. create a new custom state when choosing data source - I’ve already created it and named it “alph”, as you can see from the screenshot

1. the action to hide the element in this example is connected to a button, but you can choose your own version. So, going to the workflow for the button, you are setting the state to display data without “B”

What actually happens here, is that Bubble redraws the RG without the data, that was excluded by the state.

I’ve recorded a video for you, to show how this setup works: https://www.loom.com/share/299a68a3e82244e991b760f39443810b

It is just an example of a workaround, to show you that the action you’ve asked about is possible to implement.

Just kindly keep in mind, that you need to have strong Bubble skills to set up the plugin according to your needs and get the final result, that will satisfy you.

If you’ll have any other questions, drop us a line here :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards.

Interesting, but my RG is a vertical list and I think you have set up as an horizontal one.

Will it work in an vertical list like a table of expenses where you want to hide the second column for example?

Hey there, @guillaume2 !

It’s a real pleasure to work with you! Thank you for your cooperation:)

About the delay of the plugin’s action - there are added pauses in the workflow, in order for Bubble to collect all data to display it. That’s why there is this 1-2 second time gap, that you see. This case is also being revised at the moment by our developers, as well as the initial issue, that we’ve been discussing with you.

Once again, we really appreciate your patience and will get back to you as soon as there will be any updates.

Best regards.

Hey, @ryanck!

My apologies, from the description you provided it wasn’t really clear the form you wanted:)

Yes, you can apply this method for setting up a vertical list as well. Just here you need to add a filter to the data source, and as a filter choose an element from the field type, that you want to hide.

Hope that will help. :slightly_smiling_face:

Best regards.

1 Like

Hi there!

Thank you so much for your patience!

So, in your case, it was the structure of the RG itself.
In order for the plugin to work properly (mostly to get the requested information from the database easier and faster), the structure should be RG → Text. And on your page is RG → Some element → another Group → Text.

There is a page called “zeroqode”, where we recreated your RG, so you can check its workflows and the structure.

We are here in case you will have other questions :slight_smile:

Best regards.

Hello,

I received this error when using the plugin & was directed to report it to the plugin author. Before I upgrade to purchase, I wanted to check into this issue. Can you provide/assist with resolution?

The plugin Auto Adjust Width for RG Cells / element Repeating Group Dynamic Width Cells threw the following error: TypeError: Failed to execute ‘observe’ on ‘MutationObserver’: parameter 1 is not of type ‘Node’.
at eval (PLUGIN_Auto-Adjust-Width-for-RG-Cells-update–Repeating-Group-Dynamic-Width-Cells-.js:60:22)
at https://dhtiece9044ep.cloudfront.net/package/run_debug_js/9d8a1bde2e7c0d5e83172a3603230dd539d73bf0152c5417e204dfc63fe0d880/xfalse/x12:6:2037613 (please report this to the plugin author)

Thanks

BStudy

Wow thanks! I’ve had to write custom code for this so this will be great to use in future

1 Like

Hello, @BubbleStudy
Thanks for reaching out.

First of all, allow us to point out that you cannot make any major changes if you have not yet purchased the plugin.

We have checked the Demo Page of the plugin and there are no errors here.
Unfortunately, we can not reproduce or investigate this issue without more info. Can you please describe this case in more detail? Please attach all the necessary info like:

• error screenshots from debugger and browser console;
  • the description of what you wanted to achieve and the actual result;
  • the screenshot/screencast of the settings, which you tried to set;
  • the preconditions, for reproducing this issue;

We will be looking to receive your response.
Best regards,
Zeroqode Support Team