Forum Academy Marketplace Showcase Pricing Features

Bad DNS records - Error 525

I have set up my domain as app.*.com. I added the DNS records as outlined. Bubble.io says the A records aren’t pointing to Bubble. DNS Checker shows everything is good, but when I preview, I get Error 525, SSL Handshake Error. Until the A records are resolved, I cannot move onto the SSL portion on Bubble until the issue with the A records are resolved.

My domain is hosted with Network Solutions.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

The same 525 SSL Handshake Error once I’ve moved my app to Live and paid a Personal plan in Bubble. Moreover, Bubble shows that DNS records are configured properly and everything works well. Also. there are messages to my users from time to time in popup that “we’ve detected an error and working to solve it”. By I can’t see anything as an administrator of my app.

I found a post on this forum saying the following:

reallyreallywant.app
Feb 2
I have, but no replies yet
edit: problem solved. There was a SSL certificate issue with my root domain

So I guess the problem is with SSL certificate on your root domain. In your case, it’s Network Solutions as I see.

Anyway, @bubble guys, please fix this or make a tutorial to solve. As I see on forum, it happens a lot with many users. I’ll try to figure it out by myself but any guidance would be helpful.

Thanks!

1 Like

@reallyreallywant.app can you please specify how did you solve that problem with 525 SSL Handshake error? Many thanks!

Hi anthony!

I removed the SSL certificate I used with my IONOS contract. It worked only when I removed it.

I added SSL to my domain with Network Solutions. Are you saying removing it may be the solve?

Yep, that’s exactly what I’m saying. But I can’t say it will work 100% for you. But it might

Have you tried to file a bug report at bubble.io/bug_report?

I have. It’s been escalated. Same with Network Solutions. It’s been quite frustrating.