BDK Native Apps - Build before you buy

Dropsource isn’t a wrapper. The entire front end has to be recreated. IMO the bdk price is very reasonable. I’d much rather spend a couple hundred bucks for something that almost works as-is rather than have to duplicate efforts.

Hey @glennis.mcgregor,
Great question!

Webview notifications are automatically supressed by iOS while Android passes through that unpleasant alert. However, there’s a very simple one-line way to handle these as bubble provides a ‘An unhandled error occurs’ workflow. For instance, I use this in my bubble app so as show ‘clean’ looking notifications.

You can also customize the action to take based on the error message’s text. Infact in the BDK Native demo app, I actually use error handling to use a single button for ‘Sign up / Login’. The user’s account is auto created the first time they attempt to login if their account doesn’t exist :slight_smile: Screenshot below:

3 Likes

Hi
This looks great. But I cannot for the life of me find this ‘When’ and unhandled error occurs workflow. What workflow category is it under? Did you create a custom workflow? If it is possible, I need instructions step by step how to implement this like talking to a person using bubble for the first time.

Thanks!

Its provided by bubble for all apps here:

1 Like

Thanks - I’ve actually never created a workflow independent of a design object (in 8 months using bubble) so have never seen this interface! I’ll try that out, thanks!

1 Like

Can I use the Plugin (16$) without getting the later service to bring my app to the app stores? I have already a WebView Container for iOS and Android from @ZeroqodeSupport that I used a couple of times

Nope that’s not possible

Too bad! Is there somewhere a price overview? What are the service agreements on updates and support? Do I get the Xcode Projects so I can reuse them on other Bubble Apps?
I could not find anything so far.

Simply create a project at thebdk.com/native and you’ll see all those details on the subsequent project page

1 Like

Yes, I love Dropsource, built a couple of native apps efficiently with bubble api. but the new pricing is just a bad news had to find an alternative. Would be awesome if DS would consider the old monthly payment scheme.

I am building web apps with bubble then wrap them with nativator.io. Works fine for me.

1 Like

Hi @gaurav

I was reading the plugin documentation before buying and couldn’t get how the One signal push notifications works with the bdk native plugin…
How do I capture and store the playerID from one signal?
Where do I enter the One signal API Keys for my app?

The main reason I am considering using bdk native services is the ability to send IOS push notifications. My main app is fully reaponsive but the lack of push notifications for iphone users is leaving a huge gap.

I appreciate your help.

Diogo

1 Like

Hey @di_lucena,
When you start a project, the form has a field where you simply put in your onesignal app id. That’s pretty much it from your end :slightly_smiling_face:

Getting the player ID is super easy. You simply place the appinfo element included in the plugin on your page. Among several other things, the appinfo element outputs’ the onesignal player ID that you can save / use in your bubble app. You can also try these out in the demo app :grinning:

You can use BN - push notification action included with the plugin to send push notifications. Or if you want you can use your own setup in api connector since you already have the player ID.

Do check out the documentation and you’ll see the sections #2 & #3 points showing this in detail with screenshots

2 Likes

Thanks Gaurav

Going through everything I missed that the appinfo element shows the playerID.
I will install the plugin and get to work!

Best regards

1 Like

Hi @gaurav
I have been testing and adjusting my app to get it ready to go mobile.
So far, using the bdk test app has worked perfectly.
I already had onesignal´s web notifications working and just got the mobile going after reading the bdk native documentation.
Somehow, I just realized today, I am not able to access the app in Testflight anymore…
Any updates?

1 Like

And we are back in the game!

Thanks!

1 Like

Sorry about the downtime :frowning: I was away for the long weekend and forgot that the build was expiring. Installing the latest version from TestFlight now should work :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Gaurav

1 Like

Greetings @gaurav,

I am a big fan of your BDK Native plugin and product but am having major issues with the “Page is loaded” workflow mixed in with some of your plugin actions. Here is a list of the following elements I want to change. When these elements are triggered by a button workflow, they all work fine. When they are triggered in the “Page Is Loaded” section of my app and previewed on your BDK native application they do not work.

The actions I am trying to run:
-Update status bar
-Update Native Header
-Refresh main header

I am also having issues when transitioning to a new page via a native transition. When this happens the native header does not seem to update.

Thank you for taking the time to read this and I greatly appreciate your help.

All the best, Campbell

1 Like

Not sure if I am wright but I had the same issues and it was solved by getting the information inside the settings tab of the preview app.
I assume, since the preview app also request this info, that they get in conflict with whatever you have in your workflows.
Please correct me if I am wrong Gaurav!

Thank you! I do think that this could be the case. All I need to know is that when I ship my product the behaviour will be consistent.

Hi Campbell,
Yeah it could be issue as @di_lucena mentioned. When you purchase the service you define the initial setting for your own app in the project form so shouldn’t be an issue.

I did notice that you’re running everything in the ‘When page is loaded’ action. This should be used for BN - remove loading action only. As mentioned in the documentation, the recommended method for doing other things is using the ‘Do when action’ with the condition ‘page loaded (entire)’. This is actually the true page is fully loaded moment.

Why? Because ‘When page is loaded’ action is a bit misleading as it not guaranteed that the UI has been rendered. I hope at some point it is renamed to ‘When page is being loaded’ action

1 Like