Better Uploader ☁️ [Free Plugin]

@jordanryankennedy_as Don’t sweat it! It’s always a pleasure. If you enjoyed this plug-in please leave a review :relieved:

1 Like

Could this be used in conjunction with the Wasabi plugin by Zeroqode? It would be great to use this before a file is stored, then use this plugin’s element’s value as the file that gets sent to Wasabi.

1 Like

I am not familiar with that plugin, but what I do know is that Better Uploader can only “receive” files from the user’s PC, and cannot have files dynamically sent to it.

Hey @jonah.deleseleuc great plugin - I have a feature request though.

As a user, I would like to have the option to use dynamic in the placeholder field, because I want to use apptext(?) to be able to translate the placeholder text.

Would something like this be possible?

Best,
Bryan

1 Like

Hey Bryan,

Thank you for your feedback. Version 2.2.0 has just been released per your request - the placeholder field now supports dynamic data. Please upgrade to use this feature.

If this has been helpful for you, please leave a review.

Reply if you have any questions :slight_smile: Always happy to help

@jonah.deleseleuc looking good! How well it handless large files and videos?

1 Like

In terms of performance, it’s the same as the default Uploader. I’ve exposed a lot of features that the default Uploader lacks, however Bubble still handles the file uploading itself (for this, we don’t have a choice)

To answer your question, it works great for videos and large files :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply! I did lgive it a try with a larger video files (200mb) on a mobile. For some reason it did crash and page reloaded. Not sure if this is related to the plugin.

1 Like

I believe this is a limitation with the way Bubble limits us in how big files are allowed to be. At a certain point, Bubble decides the limits!

@jonah.deleseleuc This Plugin is awesome. My use case for this is mobile focused where most of the files being uploaded will be taken with the device at the time of the upload. Wondering if the ability to take multiple pictures and queue them all in the uploader would be possible. At this point I may be adding multiple photos to a thing and the only option I can think of would be either take the photos that I want and then multi-select them from the photo album or upload one at a time. Either way is fine but when we are taking 300-400 photos and uploading them the extra step adds up a little. If you know any other workarounds that might work, please let me know. Thanks as this Plugin functions extremely well.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback, it’s much appreciated.

Can I ask what you mean by “… ability to take multiple pictures and queue them all in the file uploader”? I’m curious, but I just don’t understand what you mean by that.

I’m actually almost finished with the latest update which will introduce the ability to drag-and-drop a folder directly to the uploader and it takes care of the rest. As to whether or not it works on mobile … according to caniuse.com it seems like most browsers support the filesystemapi. It should not be a problem for most users!

MAJOR UPDATE (version 3.0.0)

Uploading an entire folder is now possible with Drag & Drop. Simply drag and drop a folder to Better Uploader, and watch the magic happen! Upload an unlimited amount of files from a directory to your database

Coming next: Ability to define a limit to how many files can be uploaded at once.

3 Likes

The best example I can give is sort of like live multi-select. 99% of all images we will be uploading will be captured not selected. So when you go to add a file to the Better Uploader you can obviously only process single files. So the steps would be this; Tap Better Uploader>tap “Capture new image” (or whatever selection to use the camera)>take the picture> accept the picture>trigger the workflow that completes the process and gives you the result that you want. to add another image the process must be repeated. The process I am curious about would go more like this; Tap Better Uploader>tap “Capture new image” (or whatever selection to use the camera)>take the picture> accept the picture and be prompted to “take more” or “done”. Similar flow to the Concur application I use for business expenses. I understand that some of this behavior is the native camera on the mobile device but I was not sure if it could be made to work another way. Please let me know if I can provide additional detail. And awesome news on the update. Looking forward to it for future uses.

1 Like

As I far as I can tell the workflow for taking a picture is native camera and file system behaviour, I don’t believe I can change that. Is it too much to ask users to take the pictures beforehand, and then upload them all at once?

If the case is no, the I suggest the following:

1. Prompt user to take a picture
  2. Use the “Raw Data” exposed state, and display the data in an image element inside of a repeating group
  3. Prompt the user to take another picture, or replace the current picture
  4. Repeat …

This will avoid having to upload unwanted pictures unnecessarily and then deleting them after. When the user is happy with the pictures, you can upload them all at once.

Otherwise, I don’t think I can help you with that one but I will look into just to make sure. I’ll keep you updated.

Regards,

Great idea. Will test it out and let you know how it goes.

Thanks,

1 Like

Hi @jonah.deleseleuc

amazing work on the plugin!

I wanted to ask ETA on the limiting files number + if this will make the file uploader behave as single file upload?

can’t wait :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Hey Bomo,

Expect it in the next couple of weeks. Thank you so much for the positive feedback. It will let you limit how many files a user can upload. You can set it to 1 if you want. I’m still trying to think of the best way to do this.

Regards,

Thank you for building!

I’d love a way to kick off the Better Uploader via an API call, grabbing photos off of another server (S3 bucket, Azure, Dropbox, Gdrive, FTP, etc).

Then, we could do some work on the files, extract certain metadata fields and map them to fields in Bubble, rename, etc before adding them to our database.

1 Like

Hi Jonah

I want to congratulate you. I am a developer and I am learning bubble… and my first reaction when I use the default uploader was “what?? this is not useful, I guess I will have to write some custom code”

But Later I found your plugin let me tell you is the best uploader plugin. Is amazing… great job.

You should charge for it. it’s worthwhile 100%. I will give you a review for your work.

1 Like

I’ll look into and get back to you asap!