Block access for trial expired users with popup

Hi bubble friends :raised_hand:

I’m implementing a logic to stop users from accessing the app after their trial expires.

If the logged-in user is on expired status, the app will show a popup with a ‘trial expired’ message and set as “This popup can’t be closed by Esc” ticked to stop users from closing the popup. and use.

Is this method safe to prevent them from using the app, or can a popup be easily hidden or closed by inspecting or tweaking the page?

Thanks
Leo

Hi there, @leohodgson… I don’t pretend to know much about what users can and can’t do on the front end by viewing the page source or using the browser’s developer tools. That being said, even if someone does reply to your question and say the popup can’t be bypassed (which I highly doubt is the case), I simply wouldn’t trust it. If it was me, I would almost certainly put privacy rules in place on every data type that say the user can’t access the data when their trial has expired. With those rules in place, you wouldn’t have to worry even if someone could bypass the popup because they wouldn’t be able to see any data.

Anyway, just food for thought there, and I hope it helps.

Best…
Mike

1 Like

It’s very easy to hide a popup using the browser’s dev tools (basically just a few clicks and it’s gone)… so definitely don’t use this method for securing pages and workflows or restricting access to your app…

You’ll need to use more roust security measures (like privacy rules, and page redirects) to stop the wrong people being able to access data and pages in your app.

3 Likes

Many thanks for all comments. :+1: :+1:
I’ll add some privacy rules and disable action buttons in addition to the popup.

Thanks

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 70 days. New replies are no longer allowed.