BlockSpring Help

Gotcha, In any case I’m very excited about all the possibilities this opens up! You guys are doing great work on an amazing product!

1 Like

So you can check the integration, we did some improvements. There might still be some issues getting the type of data that is returned when it’s highly dynamic or for custom blocks (that now show up as favorites @NicolasDap), but that’s something that Blockspring will have to solve. We’re working on it with them.

We’re going to send an email about the integration probably early next week, but it’s already live, and you can experiment. We’re very excited about the opportunities it opens up!

2 Likes

Everything seems to work except the one I need… Diffbot Hopefully it will by next week.

Which call specifically? Getting the types returned programmatically is actually a bit tricky, so we need to see with Blockspring what we they can do.

I get the error message for all the Diffbot calls.

I’ll check with Blockspring, we can’t do anything directly here, so i’ll see with them.

Which blocks are you interested in? I tried 3 and they all worked…

1 Like

Extract discussions from webpages and Automatically extract content from webpages.

I just tried it again and get the following:

Here is link where I get the message: ylp-bus | Bubble Editor

yeah, that one returns an empty object from BS. I’ll ask them. some others work well though.

1 Like

Hopefully you’re still watching this thread @emmanuel… I’m now trying to use the Google Sheet - Append Values to Existing Google Spreadsheet BlockSpring. I try it out on BlockSpring with the same FileID and it works great, but when I run it on Bubble the page kicks back an error, saying:
“Sorry, we ran into a temporary bug and can’t complete your request. We’ll fix it as soon as we can; please try again in a bit!”
Here’s the page with the blockspring in it. https://bubble.io/site/blakeblockspring/version-test/index?debug_mode=true
Any chance there’s something I’m doing wrong or that can be done on the bubble side?

This is a bug in the blockspring code actually. have you tried running the same thing in their dashboard?

Ya, it works fine on their site.

Well i’m working a lot with them this week and next, so lets see if things go better when we push our updated integration.

We just pushed a much deeper integration with blockspring, let us know how it goes :smile:

I set it up again and still get that error :frowning:

Can you check with the debugger are exactly the same as the one that are used in the dashboard. Also, did you go through the new flow to install a block?

I did go through the new setup on the plugin’s page, yes.
It works in the setup, in the blockspring window pop up. Also works on blockspring (seen in gif). And when I use the debugger you can see that the file id and value being passed are right, but then still get the error. (the gif below also shows running it in the debugger.)

Can you share the link again?

Does this work? : https://bubble.io/site/blakeblockspring/version-test/index?debug_mode=true

I think your issue is that the data that you’re sending to Blockspring doesn’t have the right format. This is a bit technical, but if you look at how the Curl call works in Blockspring, they call it with values being

[[“name”,“sales”],[“Jason”,“87”],[“Don”,“98”],[“Paul”,“234”]]

So you should recreate this with dynamic values, for isntance like
[[“name”],[\Search for testdata’s name]]

Makes sense?

1 Like