Bubble and WordPress

I’ve just joined this forum and hope I’m not wasting anyone’s time. I’m not a programmer or coder; I’m an attorney whose WordPress site is being redesigned to be dynamic. One of the capabilities of the site (I hope) will allow users to purchase a legal document that I’ve drafted and offer the user the opportunity to enter data into various forms so that s/he can receive a fully customized document, customized to the user’s circumstances. Is it possible to still have my WordPress site (I’ve already put a lot of $$ into its redesign) but use Bubble to create this application which application will be “joined” (I don’t know the technical term) to my site? If so, can you quickly summarize the steps involved to accomplish this. I apologize for my ignorance.

Thank you in advance.

Hi James,

Yes, WP has a REST API, and Bubble can use that to exchange data with the WP site. There has been some discussion on this topic in the forums. Just search for “WordPress”. I created an integration with WooCommerce a while back, so I know it’s possible. I’m a [recovering] full stack developer who has developed for WP (and still manage a WP site), but I’m focused primarily on Bubble these days, so I understand where you’re you coming from, having invested heavily in WP already.

-Steve

BTW, if the “redesign” thus far has been mostly UI/UX/Graphic design, then that work would certainly not be lost even if you decided to switch entirely to Bubble. Bubble’s new layout engine, which was introduced in late November, is a quantum leap forward for creating responsive designs that work well on desktop, mobile, and everything in between.

-Steve

As great as bubble is, I’ve done something similar and would suggest you another route…

WordPress with a sales plugin (woocommerce or other) and an automated service to generate pdf with your custom data (I suggest crove.app). They’ve got lifetime deals and it’s working great.

Good luck :wink:

Thank you @Future; I appreciate you taking the time to respond. I hope you have a great weekend. Thanks again for your insight and advice. Jay Creighton

1 Like

https://crove.app/ has stopped selling LTDs :pleading_face:

You can use Crove to Build Internal document workflows to save time & reduce document errors

You can let your customers and teams fill a guided questionnaire made by you, to generate word and pdf documents, based on your templates.

1 Like