Quality of Life Improvements - Add Items from the IdeaBoard Here to UpVote 🎉

Continuing the discussion from Monthly Community Update - July 2024:

Can we all upvote for this simple quality of life feature? "Empty choice name" parameter for dropdowns | Bubble

Add more ideaboard items links to upload here so Bubble can see what we want to get updated next.

7 Likes

Consider me dumb but I cannot for the life of me understand what the ideaboard request is talking about :sweat_smile: Can you rephrase it?

1 Like

This empty space here. We should be able to type in what we want. Like ‘All’, ‘Clear’, ‘Reset’ or something else. Does that make more sense? :blush:

5 Likes

Ah yes. And the placeholder shouldn’t disappear if an empty option is selected :grin: Upvoted.

3 Likes

My suggestions would be

1. Native skeleton loaders for Repeating Groups.
  2. Tidy up native Bubble elements like Dropdown, Calendar etc… which are pretty ugly without some CSS love.
  3. API connections to have its own tab
  4. Backend workflows to have its on tab
  5. Better control over the colour palette. Ability to re-order the colours and rename/delete default colours set by Bubble.
  6. Better optimising of Bubble apps. After a horrible experience with the ‘Optimize app’ ruining months of work, I haven’t touched it since. Would be good to fix the bugs under that.

Will add these to the idea board if time allows.

2 Likes

API connections to have its own tab
Backend workflows to have its on tab

Agreed.

4 Likes

Yeah. Agreed. These are something I haven’t thought of but would be awesome to have. :blush:

After my first experience with it a couple of years ago, I now know that anytime I am going to use it, I first create a savepoint, because, inevitably it may cause some issues.

Things I’d like to see:

1. When we hover over a data source name anywhere in the editor the entire name is displayed…far too often names are cut off and we have no way to know what is the datasource we are clicking onto.
  2. Make it so we can through a dynamic expression reference a color from our style guide…it was almost 4 years ago I had to come up with the use of option sets to make dynamic colors and I would really like to stop the need for it, but since we still do not have this function I still need to use option sets to store color values so I can use them in text when in-line styling things and elsewhere in actions when I need to change colors used via the rich text editor. - Dynamic Expression to Access Style Variables Colors | Bubble
  3. Make it so that when we have the ‘flyout’ from the element inspector for things like ‘arbitrary text’ that the ‘flyout’ is moveable and not just the element inspector itself. Too often the element inspector needs to be placed higher on the screen to see lower level conditionals, then the flyout is out of view and if we move the element inspector the ‘flyout’ remains in same position. Would be great to be able to move the ‘flyout’ itself.
  4. Fix the elements tree so that if we click onto an element, the element will become visible if not already, the element will be selected and the element inspector for that element will be open and on screen and the element will be scrolled to on the canvas.
  5. Workflow error trigger in the backend - workflow error trigger available in backend | Bubble
  6. Show the condition value that fails or succeeds in the backend - Show the condition that fails/success and the value for backend workflow logs | Bubble
  7. Dynamic value used as default for custom state value - Dynamic custom state default value | Bubble
  8. In the logs on the scheduler make it so the cancel all schedule workflows will work for only those that are in view. We have filter capability to isolate a view of the schedule actions we are looking for, but no ability to cancel only those…it is either all schedule actions or one at a time - Scheduler - Cancel all Upcoming Events in View | Bubble
  9. Deleting files from file manager…this is needed more than ever because of WU pricing - Delete Files from File Manager Workflow - Optimize WFUs | Bubble
  10. Automatically decode URL paths - Decode URL Path | Bubble
  11. Allow the search box element to use a list from another source, as this will reduce our WU costs - https://bubble.io/ideaboard?idea=1686221982286x832697050124517400
  12. Make it so the placeholder on canvas for elements changes when using the preview of a conditional, and while at it, change the wording to ‘preview’ instead of ‘on’ as that is still 10 years later confusing for all new users. Currently if you have a placeholder and use a condition to change the text, the placeholder remains visible and you can not see the conditional text if you are previewing in the editor the condition (ie: clicking on button next to condition)

There are so many more…So HERE IS MY BIGGEST REQUEST THAT I’VE BEEN ASKING FOR OVER THE PAST 3 + YEARS

MAKE IT SO THAT EVERY SINGLE MONTH, BUBBLE DOES THESE LITTLE QUALITY OF LIFE IMPROVEMENT SPRINTS.

6 Likes

Yaaasssss!

1 Like

Upvoted all :white_check_mark: :blush:

2 Likes

This one would be great: Deploying without the "This app has just been updated" banner | Bubble

4 Likes

Maybe these guys can also implement some of the items I listed here:

1 Like

If you have any ideaboard links that we can upvote, I would upvote them for you. I am pretty sure they are trying to take their ideas from there but I hope they at least take a look at your post because there are a lot of good ideas. :blush:

Not sure that this is that small, but would be a quality of life improvement: Scheduled Deployments!!!

1 Like

YES! I already upvoted that one!

1 Like

Nobody finds it annoying you always have to click on “Thing/element” and then on " 's value"? Basically requiring two clicks to select dynamic data instead of one.
I never find myself using any of the other options, so an autoselect of " 's value " would be such a timesaver,.