Bubble has a MULTI VERSIONS FEATURE?

Bubble posted this today, just seen it. Looks exciting.

13 Likes

Good catch @marcusandrews

Thanks for sharing.

6 Likes

Finally New features.
It has been a while!

"Improved performance of data actions (creation and deletion)"

This gift looks great too. A little more information would be nice, I wonder how much difference has occurred?

4 Likes

I had the same reaction. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeahā€¦! It seems fasterā€¦no mĆ²re so slow deleting record

2 Likes

Awesome - this really is a game changer and something that has been highly requested in a number of forum topics.

Looking forward to the feature going liveā€¦

1 Like

Awesome, what kind of plan is needed for this?

Didnā€™t think about this, a good point. But really this should be available on ā€˜Personalā€™ plans and higher :crossed_fingers:

As although ā€˜Personalā€™ plans donā€™t have the multi collaborator option, once a site is deployed, its always extremely handy for multi versions for quick fixes, updates or developing new features without errors.

4 Likes

Iā€™m just amused that it was the 10pm-the-night-before youtube video, not the documentation we accidentally published two weeks ago that tipped you guys off :wink:

3 Likes

Can you imagine a tool like GIT that doesnā€™t allow single developer branching?

This is a HUGE disappointment.

3 Likes

A little more information would be nice, I wonder how much difference has occurred?

Bubble engineer here.

The answer here will depend on the number of custom types and fields your app has. I was fortunate enough to start with a really good bug report, and a huge example app to test against.

Our development systems are a great deal slower than your own apps, so I canā€™t give you hard numbers. At the most extreme, the tested workflow went from ā€œtakes long enough to refill your coffee cupā€ to ā€œdone before you have time to check your emailā€ on the first run, and ā€œdone before you can blinkā€ on subsequent runs.

So, on my system, worst-case performance on a worst-case app was in the tens of seconds, and best case performance now is under a quarter second.

Iā€™ll be interested to see what everyoneā€™s experiences are like on their own apps!

7 Likes

Thanks for the reply, Iā€™ll try as soon as possible.

Can or have you introduced yourself on the forum? Iā€™m interested in what you are doing for us as a community.

:grin: