Bubble hotkeys OMG

Five years. Five years it took me to discover that Bubble has a bunch of hotkeys that I’ve never used :scream_cat: :sob: :joy:

Leaving this here as a tip in case anyone’s as slow as me to pick this up :sweat_smile: efficient Bubbling, here I come!

41 Likes

Thank you!

I picked up the Ctrl + E for centring from a Bubble webinar a couple of months back and wondered if there were more.

3 Likes

I find the CMD-click one to be the most useful, personally…

11 Likes

Wow, this is amazing! I print it asap :smile:

2 Likes

Funny, I saw that particular one and went “I could’ve used this 1,000,000 times”… Same boat :joy:

2 Likes

I am lazy to reconfigure Windows to actually be able to use this shortcut with Bubble. When I try to use the equivalent key in Windows … the smart Windows menu pops up…

Do not get me wrong … I think it is great and very needed! … grrrr I am going to find a way to change this in my Win10 settings …

3 Likes

I just started out with Bubble and I am absolutely surprised that a program that has such richness im functionality offers so little keyboard shortcuts. I am doing a course and see the teacher do everything by mouse. On my Mac I do everything with shortcuts, from launhing apps to basically all other things - so I am pretty shocked to see the amount of mouse action needed to navigate on bubble.

BTW - there is a Chrome plugin from ZeroQode that offers way more shortcuts -his is where it gets really functional.

4 Likes

Awesome! Thanks forsharingthe hotkeys with us @petter, and making it a downloadable. Printed out, it now sits on the wall in front me, above my machine.

1 Like

@peter.grabec I’m glad my ignorance could be of some help :sweat_smile:

@tom15
On a serious note, yeas, I kind of agree! You can suggest it in the Bubble idea board, and maybe they’ll include some more shortcuts in an upcoming hackathon.

1 Like

Yeah thanks for sharing! Selecting the parent, and auto centering are :100:

1 Like

@petter you just increased my productivity by 20%.

Thank you :pray:

1 Like

Command-Click is a huge time saver…thanks @petter

Command-Drag (from anywhere but the corners) creates a copy of the element…very useful too.

Pasting the list of keyboard shortcuts from the bubble.io editor for better visibility and search engine indexing. These keyboard shortcuts are likely to be a very valuable timesaving tool for people in this forum. :slight_smile:

I also wanted to include a handy keyboard shortcut reference app I built for myself. This will create a slim popup that you can ‘dock’ to the right of your editor while learning the keys.

App: Keyboard Shortcut Quick Reference Sheet

Ctrl+P
Preview your app, equivalent to clicking on PREVIEW

Ctrl+T
Switch between the Design, Workflow and Data tabs

CMD + Click
Select the element under the current element

CMD + Drag
Resize the current element symetrically

Shift + Drag
Resize and keep proportions constant

Ctrl+C
Copy current element, action or event

Ctrl+V
Paste current element, action or event

Ctrl+X
Cut current element, action or event

Ctrl+Shift+C
Copy current element’s formatting

Ctrl+Shift+V
Paste formatting to current element

Ctrl+D
Duplicate current element

Ctrl+K
Show/Edit workflow for the current element

Ctrl+A
Select all elements on the page

Ctrl+G
Group the selected elements and move them in a new group

Ctrl+E
Center current element relatively to the parent

Ctrl+B
Turn this text element bold

Ctrl+I
Turn this text element italic

Ctrl+U
Turn this text element underlined

5 Likes

Where do I request more keyboard shortcuts? Every prototyper uses T for text element, R for Rectangle. These are no brainers.

4 Likes

Having recently switched from mac to windows I feel you!

But as far as I can tell the WinKey + click shortcut also works on Windows. It does open the Windows menu when you release the key but a quick press again on the same key and it’s like it was never there :slight_smile: